Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX command to go to next line Post 302937441 by S B P KOUNDINYA on Thursday 5th of March 2015 12:25:16 PM
Old 03-05-2015
Reposition cursor in an editor. You may let me know the command to reposition cursor on a display as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

starteam for unix (command line )

hello does someone knows if there is starteam (like sourcesafe ) for unix ? in command line mode ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command line mailer

What is the difference betweeen MAILX and SENDMAIL. I have SENDMAIL configured in my system, how is it different then MAILX, espicially in the syntax of sending mail from the command line. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dctm_deve
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

4. SCO

UNIX Command line administration and Tools

Hi Everyone I have a few things i need help with in SCO-UNIXWARE 7.1.4 that the version am running. I am an ex-Debian user and i am finding that UNIXWARE is not the cup of Coffee i like I would like to know it the following are available or are there substitutes a locate command - a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Han.nlo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging Command Line and Output in Unix

Hi, This might be a bit stupid question, but what command to use to create like a session which logs the command line, and output on to the screen? Basically, a log to a file, where I can review what I had install, uninstall, etc. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittoinc
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command line question

I'm new to Unix and I'm looking for some assistance. We have 20 different accounts we must login to every day. Logging in has become quite the chore and most nights, we have to log out. I'm looking for a way to simply copy and paste the commands into each window to make things easier. I have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Judo_Bear
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line args in unix

Hi, i have a perl script named test.pl. It is executed as cat *.log|test.pl i need the complete command line args. I tried using basename $0 but im getting test.pl only but not cat *.log... Can anyone help me on this. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script / Command >>> in one line

Hi Experts, Basically I am a SAP programmer. I don't know much about UNIX. But I got a situation, need to use UNIX script /command in my programming. I searched the forum and found the below code. I would like to pass the below UNIX script in my programming code. But my programming will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbadveli
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specify an entire UNIX command as a command line argument

I'm trying to write a bash script called YN that looks like the following YN "Specify a question" "doThis" "doThat" where "doThis" will be executed if the answer is "y", otherwise "doThat". For example YN "Do you want to list the file dog?" "ls -al dog" "" Here's my attempt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeoKSimon
3 Replies
asa(1)							      General Commands Manual							    asa(1)

NAME
asa - interpret ASA carriage control characters SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
interprets the output of FORTRAN programs that utilize ASA carriage control characters. It processes either the files whose names are given as arguments, or the standard input if is specified or if no file names are given. The first character of each line is assumed to be a control character. The following control characters are interpreted as indicated: (blank) Output a single new-line character before printing. (space) (UNIX Standard only, see standards(5)) The rest of the line will be output without change. A <newline> shall be output, then the rest of the input line. Output a new-page character before printing. Overprint previous line. (UNIX Standard only, see standards(5)) The <newline> of the previous line shall be replaced with one or more implementation-defined characters that causes printing to return to column position 1, followed by the rest of the input line. If the + is the first character in the input, it shall have the same effect as <space>. Lines beginning with other than the above characters are treated the same as lines beginning with a blank. The first character of a line is printed. If any such lines appear, an appropriate diagnostic is sent to standard error. This program forces the first line of each input file to start on a new page. (UNIX Standard only, see standards(5)) The action of the asa utility is unspecified upon encountering any character other than those listed above as the first character in a line. To view the output of FORTRAN programs which use ASA carriage control characters and have them appear in normal form, can be used as a fil- ter: The output, properly formatted and paginated, is then directed to the line printer. FORTRAN output previously sent to a file can be viewed on a user terminal screen by using: EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
For information about the UNIX standard environment, see standards(5). Environment Variables determines the interpretation of text within file as single- and/or multi-byte characters. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If or is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty variable. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. SEE ALSO
efl(1), f77(1), ratfor(1), standards(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
asa(1)