Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying a file to multiple other files using a text file as input Post 302937421 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 5th of March 2015 11:45:37 AM
Old 03-05-2015
Hello sph90457,

Kindly use code tags as per forum rules for commands/codes which you are using in your posts as per forum rules.
Following may help you in same.
Code:
awk '{print "cp " FILENAME  OFS $1}' comp

Above command will only print the commands, if happy with results then use following command for same.
Code:
awk '{print "cp " FILENAME  OFS $1}' comp | sh

Thnaks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep multiple text files in folder into 1 text file?

How do I use the grep command to take mutiple text files in a folder and make one huge text file out of them. I'm using Mac OS X and can not find a text tool that does it so I figured I'd resort to the BSD Unix CLI for a solution... there are 5,300 files that I want to write to one huge file so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppertone
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

building output file from multiple input files

Hi there, I am trying to figure out a way to combine multiple sources with different data on a single file, and I am trying to find the best way to do it. I have multiple files, let's say A, B, C and D. A has a field in common with B, B has a field in common with C, and C has a field in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files based on the input pattern

I have a file with lines something like. ...... 123_start ...... ....... 123_end .... ..... 456_start ...... ..... 456_end .... ..... 789_start .... .... 789_end (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ftp multiple files by taking the file name from a input file.

Hi, I'm working on a script which has to copy multiple files from one server to another server. The list of files that are to be copied is present in a file say input.txt. vi input.txt abc.c welcome.c new.c welcome1.c for ftp'ing a single file say 'new.c' the following code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split: File into multiple and keeping the same 3 lines from input into all output files

The following code will split the infile into multiple files. However, I need it to insert the same first 3 lines from the original input file into each splitted file. How do I modify my script below to do so: print -n "Enter file name to split? " ; read infile if then echo "Invalid file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a text file into multiple text files?

I have a text file with entries like 1186 5556 90844 7873 7722 12 7890.6 78.52 6679 3455 9867 1127 5642 ..N so many records like this. I want to split this file into multiple files like cluster1.txt, cluster2.txt, cluster3.txt, ..... clusterN.txt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying multiple files and appending time stamp before file extension

Hi, I have multiple files that read: Asa.txt Bad.txt Gnu.txt And I want to rename them using awk to Asa_ddmmyytt.txt and so on ... If there is a single command or more efficient executable please share! Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)