Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HPUX syslog configuration
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX syslog configuration Post 302937401 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 5th of March 2015 10:50:56 AM
Old 03-05-2015
@vbe, it is common that a monitoring server pulls the data from the monitored systems.
--
Do you have an example line from syslog.log? Perhaps one can exclude a certain facility.loglevel?
Further it is possible to install a logfile rotation. Then the disk won't fill up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.20 et HPUX 11

Is there any problems of binaries compatibility between HPUX 10.20 et 11 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
2 Replies

2. Linux

syslog configuration

Hi I have redhat linux v9.x. This is acting as a syslog server. I have a 1700 series cisco router I would like to log all the activity of my cisco router on my syslog server. Please anyone help me to configure it Regards, Raja (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX any help

:( i got couple of weeks ago a : HP Visualize workstation , model B100. everithing is ok in the box the only problem is that i 'am not familiar with this operational sys, and i try to uninstall and see if i can get on it windows net server 64 bit. or any other 64 bit operational sys that i'll... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbird
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration of email on HPUX server

I am working in an developer 2000 based application where backend is Oracle9i in unix environment. My application has the functionality if email generation. But I am not able to test this functionality as my HPUX server is not configured for emails. Please let me know the steps for configuring mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharmavr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hpux vi

Hello. I cant figure out how can i move entire row up , so it pasted on the one above at the end , or to do that for one character. In notepads,word, or some other text editors we would do that with backspace button. Example. Content of my text file is this : I am trying to do that. And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

syslog configuration and log lvl

Hello I was getting hammered in /var/log/messages from snmpd becouse it was running a jira which was sending email everytime someone updated a case or made any changes. Therefor I decided to turn down the loglvl of snmpd, so what I did was add snmpd.notice; to # cat /etc/syslog.conf # Log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

9. Solaris

best configuration for syslog.conf

I would like to configure the syslog.conf to have a good monitoring information about my system. do you have any idea about best configuration from your experience in your Data Centers BR, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hpux

Hello All Why is hpux is not much spoken in the unix/Linux platform. what is the disadvantes in HPUX Thanks, VJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijaykannan T
1 Replies
CELERYD(1)						      General Commands Manual							CELERYD(1)

NAME
celeryd -- Celery Worker Daemon SYNOPSIS
celeryd [-c processes] [-f logfile] [-l loglevel] [-n hostname] [-B] [-E] [--discard] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the celeryd command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. celeryd is a program that starts the Celery Worker Daemon. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -c --concurrency Number of child processes processing the queue. The default is the number of CPUs available on your system. -f --logfile Path to log file. If no logfile is specified, stderr is used. -l --loglevel Logging level, choose between DEBUG, INFO, WARNING, ERROR, CRITICAL, or FATAL. -n --hostname Set custom hostname. -B --beat Also run the celerybeat periodic task scheduler. Please note that there must only be one instance of this service. -E --events Send events that can be captured by monitors like celerymon. --discard Discard all waiting tasks before the daemon is started. WARNING: This is unrecoverable, and the tasks will be deleted from the messaging server. SEE ALSO
celerybeat (1), celeryctl (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by fladi FladischerMichael@fladi.at for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CELERYD(1)