Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Breaking large file into small files Post 302937357 by RudiC on Thursday 5th of March 2015 07:48:07 AM
Old 03-05-2015
man split.
Did you consider the hints at the lower page border?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting large file into small files

Hi, I need to split a large file into small files based on a string. At different palces in the large I have the string ^Job. I need to split the file into different files starting from ^Job to the last character before the next ^Job. Also all the small files should be automatically named.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dncs
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into 16 small files

Hi I want to split a file that has 'n' number of records into 16 small files. Can some one suggest me how to do this using Unix script? Thanks rrkk (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrkks
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each small files

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to splite large file to number of small files

Dear All, Could you please help me to split a file contain around 240,000,000 line to 4 files all equally likely , note that we need to maintain that the end of each file should started by start flage (MSISDN) and ended by end flag (End), also the number of the line between the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed.gad
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking one file into many files based on first column?

Hi, I have a file that looks like this (tab deliminited). MAT1 YKR2 3 MAT1 YMR1 2 MAT1 YFG2 2 MAT2 YLM4 4 MAT2 YHL2 1 BAR1 YKR2 3 BAR1 YFR1 4 BAR1 YMR1 1 What I want to do is break this file down into multiple files. So the result will look like this: File 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking the files as 10k recs. per file

Hi, I have a code as given below Set -A _Category="A\ B\ C" for _cat in ${_Category} do sed -e "s:<TABLE_NAME>:${_cat}:g" \ -e "s:<date>:${_dt}:g" \ ${_home}/skl/sq1.sql >> ${_dest}/del_${_dt}.sql fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Splitting a file into small files

Hi Folks, Please help me in solving the problem. I want to write script in order to split a file into small pieces and send it automatically through mail. Ex. The file name is CALM*.txt . It is around 50 MB. I want to split the file into 20 MB 2-3 smaller files and send (like uuencode) it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyushbhashkar
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Breaking a fasta formatted file into multiple files containing each gene separately

Hey, I've been trying to break a massive fasta formatted file into files containing each gene separately. Could anyone help me? I've tried to use the following code but i've recieved errors every time: for i in *.rtf.out do awk '/^>/{f=++d".fasta"} {print > $i.out}' $i done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ann Mc Cartney
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a large array into small chunks

Hi, I need to split a large array "@sharedArray" into 10 small arrays. The arrays should be like @sharedArray1,@sharedArray2,@sharedArray3...so on.. Can anyone help me with the logic to do so :(:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split large file into 24 small files on one hour basis

I Have a large file with 24hrs log in the below format.i need to split the large file in to 24 small files on one hour based.i.e ex:from 09:55 to 10:55,10:55-11:55 can any one help me on this.! ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
20 Replies
XSetNormalHints(3X11)													     XSetNormalHints(3X11)

Name
       XSetNormalHints, XGetNormalHints - set or get normal state hints

Syntax
       XSetNormalHints(display, w, hints)
	     Display *display;
	     Window w;
	     XSizeHints *hints;

Status XGetNormalHints(display, w, hints_return)
	     Display *display;
	     Window w;
	     XSizeHints *hints_return;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

hints	 Specifies a pointer to the size hints for the window in its normal state.

hints_return
		 Returns the size hints for the window in its normal state.

w	 Specifies the window.

Description
       The function sets the size hints structure for the specified window.  Applications use to inform the window manager of the size or position
       desirable for that window.  In addition, an application that wants to move or resize itself should call and specify its new  desired  loca-
       tion  and  size	as  well  as  making direct Xlib calls to move or resize.  This is because window managers may ignore redirected configure
       requests, but they pay attention to property changes.

To set size hints, an application not only must assign values to the appropriate members in the hints structure but also must set the flags
       member of the structure to indicate which information is present and where it came from.  A call to is meaningless, unless the flags member
       is set to indicate which members of the structure have been assigned values.

can generate and errors.

The function returns the size hints for a window in its normal state.  It returns a nonzero status if it succeeds or zero if  the  applica-
       tion specified no normal size hints for this window.

can generate a error.

Property
       WM_NORMAL_HINTS

Diagnostics
       The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory.

A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XSetCommand(3X11), XSetIconName(3X11), XSetIconSizeHints(3X11), XSetSizeHints(3X11), XSetStandardProperties(3X11), XSetWMHints(3X11), XSet-
       ZoomHints(3X11), XStoreName(3X11)
       Guide to the Xlib Library

XSetNormalHints(3X11)