Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use expect and send command in UNIX/Linux? Post 302937245 by blackrageous on Wednesday 4th of March 2015 11:16:41 AM
Old 03-04-2015
I have never seen someone try to run expect in this fashion and combine shell script. You should do everything in one expect script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Send command of Expect package

HI All, I am currently working on one command line application on AIX (Unix Platform).Here i need to use Expect package. By using Expect package at the top of the script,i want to use just Send command of Expect package to send characters like, 1. Press Enter key 2. Press spacebar 3.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha123
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ?

Hi all, After expect catches the string I specify, is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ? So my script looks like following, expect "some string" #How to ask expect to wait for a while send "next command" The reason I want to do this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command on Linux

Hello All, can anyone let me know i can i execute scripts using expect on remote hosts. Regards Ankit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution in send/expect. Please help!

Hi, the following code is not working. How can I cat the last modified file in the path /asdf. Please help! expect "asdf%" {send "cat `ls -rt /asdf|tail -1` \r"} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

no command is not working to send a mail in linux redhot server

HI All, I am facing the problem with rmail ... Actually my server is linux environment Redhot server. To send a mail which command I have to use it . I want subject and I want to Include CC also And body of the mail also there . But If I use rmail command it is not taking any options to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in automating "fdisk" command using send and expect

hi i want to automate fdisk command . i spawned a process containing fdisk command from a process and tried to send the options to fdisk promt from that process. but that spawed process is notstarting itself help me out trying for two days :wall: my code: #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagak89
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect/Send

Hello Team, Am trying to write a script for installing PAM in mulitiple server by using expect and send command. Am facing the below issues,could you please assist. thanks. # cat /tmp/gkscrpt.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -d spawn /tmp/agent/install_pam.sh expect -re "(y/n) " send --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - assigning UNIX command output to a variable

Hi, I'm writing a script that connects through ssh (using "expect") and then is supposed to find whether a process on that remote machine is running or not. Here's my code (user, host and password are obviously replaced with real values in actual script): #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oseri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command to send the user input enter or ctrl+c

Hey All, I am writing one script using expect, that script which is used in spawn will accepts only 1. Enter 2. Ctrl+c Press Control-C to exit, Enter to proceed. Could some one share some thoughts to send the above user inputs in linux expect block ? Thanks, Sam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCHITIMA
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To send ID and Password for each command using expect feature in bash script

Dear Tech Guys, I am trying to send some commands on the local server and it always asks for user name and password after each command. To serve the purpose I am using expect function as follows: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 20 spawn "./data1.sh" expect "Please Enter UserName: "... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xtreme
6 Replies
EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)					      System Manager's Manual						EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)

NAME
exim_convert4r4 - Convert Exim configuration from v3 to v4 format SYNOPSIS
exim_convert4r4 DESCRIPTION
This script is provided to assist in updating Exim configuration files. It reads an Exim 3 configuration file on the standard input, and writes a modified file on the standard output. It also writes comments about what it has done to the standard error file. It assumes that the input is a valid Exim 3 configuration file. A typical call to the conversion script might be exim_convert4r4 < /etc/exim/exim.conf > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.new The output file MUST be checked and tested before trying to use it on a live system. The conversion script is just an aid which does a lot of the "grunt work". It does not guarantee to produce an Exim 4 configuration that behaves exactly the same as the Exim 3 configuration it reads. Each option change in the new file is preceded by an identifying comment. In fact, the conversion script tends to make quite a mess of your configuration, and you should expect to go through it afterwards and tidy it up by hand. Unless you are running a very straightforward configuration, the automatic conversion is likely to generate a non-optimal configuration. You should not only check it thoroughly, but also run as many tests as you can, to ensure that it is working as you expect. In particular, you should test address routing, using -bt and -bv, and the policy controls, using -bh. If possible, you should also do some live tests (i.e. send and receive some messages) before putting Exim 4 into service. If you have a very complicated configuration, it is possible that exim_convert4r4 will break it in some situations, which is why thorough testing is strongly recommended. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), the files in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/, especially Exim4.upgrade.gz AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from Exim4.upgrade by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)