Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with file generation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with file generation Post 302936982 by tenderfoot on Monday 2nd of March 2015 11:42:09 AM
Old 03-02-2015
Thank you Corona688.

It worked like a champ :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail notification on file generation

I'm very new to unix. I need help in writing a shell script that will automatically take output file from a particular folder from a server and if the file is generated send email notifications to certain group of ppl and if it is not generated send a mail wid error msg.. can any1 help me on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anzie.sharma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file generation and mail notification

I'm very new to unix. I need help in writing a shell script that will automatically take output file from a particular folder from a server and if the file is generated send email notifications to certain group of ppl and if it is not generated send a mail wid error msg.. can any1 help me on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anzie.sharma
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Report Generation

hi all i need to generate a report file that contains the following details of files present in a directory. 1. File name 2.Complete path for each files and directory 3.File size 4.Days older example i have a directory testing that contains sub-directories and some files. i need to make a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generation of control file

Hi, I wanted to create a control file with data in it. Also wanted to append more points like 1)Row count, then print the first field 2)first line of the file 3)last line of the file I started with this:- ls -ltr *.*| awk ' { print $9 "|" $7 $6 $8 "|" $5 } ' sed -n '1p'; sed -n '$p'; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokbaba
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique value generation in a pipe delimited file

I have a pipe delimited file (|) with 3 columns Already i have values for 21000 records. Eg:- A|B|C EUFG|22|234 SDFG|34|345 Now i have to replace the first column A values with unique values without affecting column B and C for all the 21000 records i need to change the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raakesh88
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML File Generation - Template Help

Hi, I have hit a bit of a brick wall.:confused: need the following code edited: echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?><dailyBalance_ROWSET>" > ${DataDir}/${extract_script}${ApplicationDate}.${Suffix} RunSQL ${extract_script} ${ActionFlag} echo "</dailyBalance_ROWSET>" >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xergxes7
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic file generation using shell

I have to generate the file dynamically from the source file based on the below control file. control_file.txt 1,3,5,-1,8,-1,4 The control file contain the position of column which i required from the source file, Example 1 column ,3 column ,5 column ,blank column(-1 indicates blank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file generation from crontab

Hi All, Like to enquire whether is it possible for me to append another log file(log2.lst) using my below crontab? I will need to have 2 log files generated; one to collect the daily appended output and another log file that contains only the daily output. Original Code: 00 01 * * *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost88
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Core File Generation

Hi I am using Linux and I am using Java as well as C++ services running on it. The ulimit -c is set to around 400Mb. Whenever any of the service fails they produce a core file.(Actual size of core could be greater than 400Mb). Whenever my Java service fails I get a core file of size 400Mb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xls file generation

Hi Team, Is it possible to generate the xls OR xlsx file factility in Unix and xls file should be more than one sheet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
2 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)