Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SUM semicolon-seperated values from txt-file Post 302936972 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 2nd of March 2015 10:06:30 AM
Old 03-02-2015
Hello Milu,

Welcome to forum, please use code tags for the commands/inputs/codes you are using in your posts as per forum rules. Following may help you in same.
Code:
awk '{A=A?A + $NF+0:$NF+0} END{printf "%.2f\n", A > "NEW_SUM.txt"}'  Input_file

It will create a file named NEW_SUM.txt with the total of the last field.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma Seperated List of Values

Hi, I have a comma seperated list of values: export list="red,blue,white,yellow" Given a value in a variable "look", i want to check whether the value is available in the above list. But the result should be based on exact string match and not part of the string. I am using following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file.

Hi, I want to remove empty/blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated files Thanks all for help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare semicolon seperated data in 2 files using shell script

hello members, I have some data ( seperated by semicolon ) with close to 240 rows in a text file temp1. temp2.txt stores 204 rows of data ( seperated by semicolon ). I want to : Sort the data in both files by field1.i.e first data field in every row. compare the data in both files and print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert comma seperated file to line seperated.

Hi, I have data like this. 1,2,3,4 Output required: 1 2 3 4 I am trying to use tr function but getting error. Help is appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking sum up all values inside the file

Hi, Taking sum up all values inside the file by using the below command: paste -sd+ filenmae | bc Getting some error like "0705-001: building space exceeded on line1 stdin" The original data looks like SPACE SPACE SPACE 0.123 JOBNAME1 SPACE SPACE 20.325 JOBNAME2 SPACE SPACE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NareshN
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the sum of values in between begin and end in the file

Hi All, test file Begin Script Run at Thu Mar 14 09:24:16 PDT 2013 tst_accounts: ws zip: WS_out_20130313.tar.gz dat: test_20130313.dat count: 63574 loaded: xx pre-merge: xx post-merge: xx timestamp: Thu Mar 14 09:30:42 PDT 2013 tst_accounts: ws zip: WS_out_20130313.tar.gz dat: s_20130313.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperated a Column from 'ESC' Character seperated file

Hi Experts I have an escape seperated fields in the unix file. And in the below format file I need to extract the first column. Please help its urgent. cat -v op.dat | head 24397028^ I want to extract the file in below format ( with only first column ) 24397028 2439707 thanks. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha_suri06
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)