Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them Post 302936951 by CarloM on Monday 2nd of March 2015 07:40:38 AM
Old 03-02-2015
What have you tried so far?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sheel script to Delete a set of files from a given directory

I have a file <filestodelete> containing names of files to to be deleted from a directory <filesstore>. I want a script file which accptes the <filestodelete> and also the location of the directory(<filestore>) and deletes all files matching. Thanks in Advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VardhiniVenkat
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files created before specific date.

There is a system logging a huge amount of data and we need to delete some of the older logs .I mean the files that are created before one week from today. Here is a listing of files that are sitting there: /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/logs # ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 3740694 May... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moustafashawky
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to delete large set of files (i.e) close to 100K from a directory based on the input file

Hi all, I need a script to delete a large set of files from a directory under / based on an input file and want to redirect errors into separate file. I have already prepared a list of files in the input file. Kndly help me. Thanks, Prash (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
36 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Get files & delete them by shell script

I want to use my script to get any file then delete it once it transfers to my side , I manage to create below script to generate "list" file which contains all file names in "10.10.1.1" then I made "a.out" file which contains the commands that I want to run it on "10.10.1.1" to get & delete the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with a shell script? List files, delete them and log them

Hello, i'm trying to solve this script. List, one at a time, all files larger than 100K in the /home/username directory tree. Give the user the option to delete or compress the file, then proceed to show the next one. Write to a logfile the names of all deleted files and the deletion times. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jose2802
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete all files created in specific year

I have more than 200K files created in year 2017 under directory having size of 50GB. I want to all these files in one shot. Is there any faster option available with find command to delete all these file ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp23029
6 Replies
RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)						    Box Backup							RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)

NAME
raidfile-config - Configure Box Backup's RAID files SYNOPSIS
raidfile-config config-dir blocksize dir1 [dir2 [dir3]] DESCRIPTION
raidfile-config creates a raidfile.conf file for Box Backup. This file holds information about the directories used to store backups in. Box Backup supports userland RAID, in a restricted RAID5 configuration, where 3 and only 3 'drives' are supported. You can read more about RAID5 (and other RAID-levels) here[1]. Parameters The parameters are as follows: config-dir The directory path where configuration files are located. Usually this is /etc/box. raidfile.conf will be written in this directory. blocksize The block size used for file storage in the system, in bytes. Using a multiple of the file system block size is a good strategy. Depending on the size of the files you will be backing up, this multiple varies. Of course it also depends on the native block size of your file system. dir1 The first directory in the built-in RAID array. dir2 The second directory in the built-in RAID array. If you are not using the built-in RAID functionality, this field should be ignored. You should not use the built-in RAID if you have a hardware RAID solution or if you're using another type of software RAID (like md on Linux). dir3 The third directory in the built-in RAID array. The same notes that apply to dir2 also apply to dir3. Note that there are currently no way to add multiple disk sets to the raidfile.conf file using command line tools, etc. See raidfile.conf(5) for details on adding more disks. BUGS
If you find a bug in Box Backup, and you want to let us know about it, join the mailing list[2], and send a description of the problem there. To report a bug, give us at least the following information: o The version of Box Backup you are running o The platform you are running on (hardware and OS), for both client and server. o If possible attach your config files (bbstored.conf, bbackupd.conf) to the bug report. o Also attach any log file output that helps shed light on the problem you are seeing. o And last but certainly not least, a description of what you are seeing, in as much detail as possible. FILES
raidfile-config generates the raidfile.conf(5) file. SEE ALSO
bbstored-config(8), bbstored.conf(5), raidfile.conf(5) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman NOTES
1. here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks#RAID_5 2. mailing list http://lists.warhead.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/boxbackup Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 RAIDFILE-CONFIG(8)