Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Guest LDOMS on same subnet cant ping eachother Post 302936914 by Peasant on Monday 2nd of March 2015 02:09:02 AM
Old 03-02-2015
That is strange, you should have no need to setup mac addresses 'by hand'.
Have you setuped some of your macs by hand and other automatically ?

Few more hints to avoid problems in future.
If you have multiple physical hosts (hypervisors) and one or more ldoms can be migrated / imported to other, be sure to export the configuration of everything daily into a file
Code:
ldm list-services -l ldom# this will provide additional information, especially HOSTID.
ldm -x list-constraints ldom # for import of ldom on another physical machine.

hostid is important here cause a change can happen if you don't migrate the machine (ldm migrate) to a new host, but import it from configuration file, can cause for zpools not to import during boot (rpool should import, but every other zpool will require manual work.)

Hope that helps

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix TCP/IP ping to other subnet

I have Digital UNIX V4.0B (Rev. 564) on alpha machine. I'm trying to acces network in subnet (192.168.1.x). Ip on Alpha comp. is from 192.168.3.X subnet. My default gateway on this network is 192.168.3.1 and it working OK from other machines. This machine is visible from same subnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ermingut
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

3. Solaris

LDoms can't ping each other

I've got Sun Fire T2000 with two LDoms - primary and ldom1, both being Solaris 10 u8. Both can be accessed over the network (ssh, ping), both can access the network, but they can't ping or ssh to each other. I only use e1000g0 interface on T2000, the primary ldom has an address on it, ldm has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mludvig
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for ping in your own subnet

I have a question for one who wants to help me. I want to create a bash script to ping IP-adresses. It must first ask me the beginnen IP, then the ending IP like: 192.168.100.1 - 192.168.100.255. When nothing is filled in, then it must find my subnet and ping that, like when my ip is... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugurgazi
14 Replies

5. Programming

putting numbers behind eachother

I want to make a program where you have to insert binary numbers like this: do { iBinary = getche(); }while(iBinary == 1 || iBinary == 0); after you get the numbers I want them to be placed behind eachother so you will get: input: 1 1 0 1 output: 1101 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Migrating Solaris 8, 9 to Guest Domains (LDOMs)

Hi Everyone, one question is it possible to migrate a physical standalone Solaris 8 or 9 OS to Guest Domain (LDOMs). If yes, can someone please provide steps to migrate these OS to LDOMs. Thanks, Kartheek. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

7. Linux

Ping check failed from Nagios master server on windows hosts in the same subnet

Hello All, We have added a windows host and its config files to Nagios master server and wanted to do a ping check alone at the moment however, the nagios master server identifies the host in its GUI and immediately disappears can anyone let me know the right approach to this one, We want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Help needed - trying to run commands in Guest LDoms from Control LDOM

Hi Folks, I am used to writing scripts to get info by running commands at local zones level from their respective global zone by using zlogin <localzone> "command>" while remaining at the global zone level. Can the same be done with Guest LDoms while remaining at the control LDOM level? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
4 Replies

9. Linux

Unable to ping Linux guest from win7 host

Hi, I am using win7 on my PC and installed VMware on it on which i am running linux I am unable to ping my linux guest from my win machine, but i can ping my windows host from linux guest : Below is my system configuration Linux root@localhost ~]# ifconfig eth0 Link... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chander_1987
9 Replies

10. IP Networking

Loop in /24 Subnet, No ping beyond .1 and .2

Running 3650 switch. I have this odd issue where I cannot get 4 new Centos 7 boxes pinging out on public IPs (nor pinging in), only gateway .1 and first public IP .2 This is what I see, which doesn't look normal. How do I fix this? The server itself is configured fine (Centos 7) # cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashed
0 Replies
GO-PACKAGES(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					    GO-PACKAGES(7)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code DESCRIPTION
Many commands apply to a set of packages: go action [packages] Usually, [packages] is a list of import paths. An import path that is a rooted path or that begins with a . or .. element is interpreted as a file system path and denotes the package in that directory. Otherwise, the import path P denotes the package found in the directory DIR/src/P for some DIR listed in the GOPATH environment variable (see 'go help gopath'). If no import paths are given, the action applies to the package in the current directory. The special import path "all" expands to all package directories found in all the GOPATH trees. For example, 'go list all' lists all the packages on the local system. The special import path "std" is like all but expands to just the packages in the standard Go library. An import path is a pattern if it includes one or more "..." wildcards, each of which can match any string, including the empty string and strings containing slashes. Such a pattern expands to all package directories found in the GOPATH trees with names matching the patterns. As a special case, x/... matches x as well as x's subdirectories. For example, net/... expands to net and packages in its subdirectories. An import path can also name a package to be downloaded from a remote repository. Run 'go help remote' for details. Every package in a program must have a unique import path. By convention, this is arranged by starting each path with a unique prefix that belongs to you. For example, paths used internally at Google all begin with 'google', and paths denoting remote repositories begin with the path to the code, such as 'code.google.com/p/project'. As a special case, if the package list is a list of .go files from a single directory, the command is applied to a single synthesized pack- age made up of exactly those files, ignoring any build constraints in those files and ignoring any other files in the directory. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-PACKAGES(7)