Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run a job between times else run later Post 302936858 by twinion on Saturday 28th of February 2015 03:08:13 PM
Old 02-28-2015
Hi, thanks for the reply. The system I use is a sun Solaris. The break part was just away of sitting there and waiting for a job to finish, this starts the same time the other job does (8pm) once the other job finishes It creates the trigger file. I get this to wait for it and kick off. I'm doing this the automate several tasks. Someone tried to do it via the cron and it went horribly wrong. You're right about the test, could increase it for sure. I can't put a big delay on it because the job I wait for can take a short time or a long time. So I get it to wait.
As for searching, I love to look around to learn, as I said I'm very new at this scripting lark Smilie I posted here to see others approach. I will continue to look and learn what i can as my approach can be very converluted. Any input positive or negative is help because I can hopefully learn from it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does not run via cron job

I have a perl script, when I ran manually it works perfect. I check the permissions which are fine. How can I find out why it is not running? how can I setup a log to check. I am running it on solaris 9. It compares multiple files, SCP and then send out an e-mail. As I said when I ran it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
2 Replies

2. Programming

how to know the application run on which core, and run how many times on this core

I have a dual core pc, I write a application with two child process. I know I can add sched_get_cpu to know the process run on which core, but, it just when the sched_get_cpu is called, it will tell me the result, my quesion is how to know the child proceess spend how many times on one core. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run same script multiple times in parallel

Hi all, I have a requirement in which a script invokes a Java program. Lets say script ABC invokes a java program with cfg file a parameter. This script takes 10 minutes to execute . Like this ineed to run the program 10 times meaning 100 minutes if i do it sequentially. If i open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Run a program many times

Hi I'm running a program many times with differents input. I mean that i run my_prog with some parameters and i wait till the end, then i start again another simulations with some others differents parameters. Is possible to make it automatic with a script bash. Maybe i need some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run x times

Hi, First i need to cd to this directory $SWDIR/util Second i need to run the following either 4 times or 20 times ./swadm add_process 1 BG Y how can i put this in a script which should ask for user input on how many times you want to run this Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting script how many times it run?

i should use this script runs how many times before ? how can i do_? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .command at specific times

Okay so I've got a command to start my java server up, but I want it to start at say 8:00AM and then stop at 11:00PM. In order to stop it I have to type stop and press enter in the terminal. I've been trying to get this to work and I'm having no luck. Here's my command: #!/bin/bash cd "`dirname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JustChillin1414
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compare times to run a program - Serial vs MPI

Hi, I have a fortran program with serial and MPI version. I want to compare the time taken by these programs to run. I use ifort/gfortran compiler. How to compare the time taken by each program to run? Is there any sample code for comparison? Thanks, rpd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpd25
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a job for every one hour and ...

Hi, Someone please help me to run the script to maintain a Job: Which can be run for every one hour and should maintain the last two hours files only. It should delete the rest of the files in a dir. Please suggest me with the sample script. Thanks !! Reagrds, Rama (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Set script to run during specific times

Hi all, I have this script which sends mail whenever the system is down. It works fine. Normally the system is down from 21 00 to 21 30 from Monday to Saturday and from 21 00 on Sunday to Monday 06 00 for maintenance. So I want the below script to run only when the system is up, i.e outside the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
2 Replies
dpkg-trigger(1) 						    dpkg suite							   dpkg-trigger(1)

NAME
dpkg-trigger - a package trigger utility SYNOPSIS
dpkg-trigger [option...] trigger-name dpkg-trigger [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-trigger is a tool to explicitly activate triggers and check for its support on the running dpkg. This can be used by maintainer scripts in complex and conditional situations where the file triggers, or the declarative activate triggers control file directive, are insufficiently rich. It can also be used for testing and by system administrators (but note that the triggers won't actually be run by dpkg-trigger). Unrecognized trigger name syntaxes are an error for dpkg-trigger. COMMANDS
--check-supported Check if the running dpkg supports triggers (usually called from a postinst). Will exit 0 if a triggers-capable dpkg has run, or 1 with an error message to stderr if not. Normally, however, it is better just to activate the desired trigger with dpkg-trigger. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--admindir=dir Change the location of the dpkg database. The default location is /var/lib/dpkg. --by-package=package Override trigger awaiter (normally set by dpkg through the DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_PACKAGE environment variable of the maintainer scripts, naming the package to which the script belongs, and this will be used by default). --no-await This option arranges that the calling package T (if any) need not await the processing of this trigger; the interested package(s) I, will not be added to T's trigger processing awaited list and T's status is unchanged. T may be considered installed even though I may not yet have processed the trigger. --await This option does the inverse of --no-await (since dpkg 1.17.21). It is currently the default behavior. --no-act Just test, do not actually change anything. EXIT STATUS
0 The requested action was successfully performed. Or a check or assertion command returned true. 1 A check or assertion command returned false. 2 Fatal or unrecoverable error due to invalid command-line usage, or interactions with the system, such as accesses to the database, memory allocations, etc. ENVIRONMENT
DPKG_ADMINDIR If set and the --admindir option has not been specified, it will be used as the dpkg data directory. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), deb-triggers(5), /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev/triggers.txt.gz. 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 dpkg-trigger(1)