Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linking GDAL and GTK
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linking GDAL and GTK Post 302936789 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of February 2015 05:33:56 PM
Old 02-27-2015
It means what it says. There's no command called 'shell'. Just do $(pkg-config ...) instead of $(shell pkg-config ...)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

Linking with gcc

Forgive as I am new to the gcc compiler and to linux. I am trying to compile/link a program for the first time and am receiving an error complaining about the crtbegin.o file. I use the -v option and get the following: Using built-in specs. Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeauchamp
1 Replies

3. Programming

dynamic linking

Hi, Could any one tell me solution for this. i have a library in my /usr/lib and latest in /myhome/lib/ (thay differ functionality symbols my application uses symbols from latest lib). when compile and link my application , every thing goes fine but when running the application ld... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

4. Solaris

linking in solaris9

at the end of the compilation in solaris 9. it is showing link error. like..... ld: fatal: library -lgthread-2.0 not found failed to create the binary the library is in /usr/lib and in /usr/local/lib the lib file is present --->libgthread.2.0.so ......etc if i remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajithit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query in linking

Hey guys, i have written the folowing grep command to find an ip address from various files and now i have to find the reverse DNS for it. I wanted to do it via nslookup or host does someone have any clue about how to do it? what i tried was grep -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snake450
2 Replies

6. AIX

linking problem

hello, Is the code compiled under Visual Age C++ Broker (a third party library) - can be used to link against a code compiled from gcc compiler. I have a problem in building xerces in AIX Please reply. Regards, Parthasarathy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Parthasarathy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

8. Programming

Database Linking

Hey, i cant seem to find #include<sqlite3> in the libraries, even after installing sqlite3 in linux. how do i solve this problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregarion
1 Replies

9. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies
ucommon-config(1)						   GNU Telephony						 ucommon-config(1)

NAME
ucommon-config - script to get information about ucommon library SYNOPSIS
ucommon-config [options] DESCRIPTION
ucommon-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams that use the ucommon library. Note: ucommon-config is provided for compatibility with legacy software only. Current projects should use pkg-config instead! OPTIONS
--version Print the currently installed version of ucommon on the standard output. --secure Print additional libraries needed to link a program with ucommonsecurecrytographiclibrary --scripting Print additional linker flags needed to link a program with ucommonscriptlibrary --includes Print the include directory for ucommonheaders --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program with ucommon --plugins Print the directory for ucommonplugins --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program with ucommon --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that ucommon was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that ucommon was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1). AUTHOR
ucommon-config was written by David Sugar <dyfet@gnutelephony.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 David Sugar, Tycho Softworks. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. GNU Common C++ uCommon July 2009 ucommon-config(1)