Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linking GDAL and GTK
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linking GDAL and GTK Post 302936788 by fedora18 on Friday 27th of February 2015 05:06:14 PM
Old 02-27-2015
Linking GDAL and GTK

Hi all,

I am trying to link the GDAL libraries and GTK. This is my compile line.....not sure why I am getting these errors.

Code:
bash-4.2$ gcc proj.c -o proj $(shell pkg-config --libs gthread-2.0 gtk+-2.0) -I/usr/lib/ -lproj
bash: shell: command not found
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.8.3/../../../libproj.so when searching for -lproj
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libproj.so when searching for -lproj
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libproj.so when searching for -lproj
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lproj
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I have installed the proj-devel binaries.
Any tips?
Thanks!
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment I repeat: Please use CODE (not ICODE) tags for multi-line sample input, output, and code.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-27-2015 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Change ICODE tags to CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

Linking with gcc

Forgive as I am new to the gcc compiler and to linux. I am trying to compile/link a program for the first time and am receiving an error complaining about the crtbegin.o file. I use the -v option and get the following: Using built-in specs. Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeauchamp
1 Replies

3. Programming

dynamic linking

Hi, Could any one tell me solution for this. i have a library in my /usr/lib and latest in /myhome/lib/ (thay differ functionality symbols my application uses symbols from latest lib). when compile and link my application , every thing goes fine but when running the application ld... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

4. Solaris

linking in solaris9

at the end of the compilation in solaris 9. it is showing link error. like..... ld: fatal: library -lgthread-2.0 not found failed to create the binary the library is in /usr/lib and in /usr/local/lib the lib file is present --->libgthread.2.0.so ......etc if i remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajithit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query in linking

Hey guys, i have written the folowing grep command to find an ip address from various files and now i have to find the reverse DNS for it. I wanted to do it via nslookup or host does someone have any clue about how to do it? what i tried was grep -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snake450
2 Replies

6. AIX

linking problem

hello, Is the code compiled under Visual Age C++ Broker (a third party library) - can be used to link against a code compiled from gcc compiler. I have a problem in building xerces in AIX Please reply. Regards, Parthasarathy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Parthasarathy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

8. Programming

Database Linking

Hey, i cant seem to find #include<sqlite3> in the libraries, even after installing sqlite3 in linux. how do i solve this problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregarion
1 Replies

9. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)