Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to find particular word in directories? Post 302936783 by Jared on Friday 27th of February 2015 04:11:25 PM
Old 02-27-2015
thanks! no ipv6 is not a file name, it is "string" mention in many files which are spread over multiple directories. so answer to your question. # 3 and # 4 is what i am looking for?
you are right # 3 and #4 option from your questions is what i need...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word in a file, and change a word beneath it ??

Hi all, I have a file with lines written somewhat like this. aaaa ccc aa linux browse = no xssxw cdcedc dcsdcd csdw police dwed dwd browse = no cdecec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find 777 permisson is there or not for Directories and sub-directories

Hi All, I am Oracle Apps Tech guy, I have a requirement to find 777 permission is there or not for all Folders and Sub-folders Under APPL_TOP (Folder/directory) with below conditions i) the directory names should start with xx..... (like xxau,xxcfi,xxcca...etc) and exclude the directory... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

word search in multiple directories

need a Command in UNIX which can find out a word from files in multiple directories e.g. /home contains multiple directories /home/d1 /home/d2 . . . . /home/dn under d1,d2...dn contains multiple files. I need to search a specific word in a files under these multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagkoth
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find word in a line and output in which line the word occurs / no. of times it occurred

I have a file: file.txt, which contains the following data in it. This is a file, my name is Karl, what is this process, karl is karl junior, file is a test file, file's name is file.txt My name is not Karl, my name is Karl Joey What is your name? Do you know your name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files

Hi All, I am looking for a perl/awk/sed command to auto-increment the numbers line in file, P1.tcl: run_build_model sparc_ifu_dec run_drc set_faults -model path_delay -atpg_effectiveness -fault_coverage add_delay_paths P1 set_atpg -abort_limit 1000 run_atpg -ndetects 1000 I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
6 Replies
SNMPCONF(1)							     Net-SNMP							       SNMPCONF(1)

NAME
snmpconf - creates and modifies SNMP configuration files SYNOPSIS
snmpconf [OPTIONS] [fileToCreate] Start with: snmpconf -g basic_setup Or even just: snmpconf DESCRIPTION
snmpconf is a simple Perl script that walks you through setting up a configuration file step by step. It should be fairly straight forward to use. Merely run it and answer its questions. In its default mode of operation, it prompts the user with menus showing sections of the various configuration files it knows about. When the user selects a section, a sub-menu is shown listing of the descriptions of the tokens that can be created in that section. When a description is selected, the user is prompted with questions that construct the configuration line in question. Finally, when the user quits the program any configuration files that have been edited by the user are saved to the local directory, fully commented. A particularly useful option is the -g switch, which walks a user through a specific set of configuration questions. Run: snmpconf -g basic_setup for an example. OPTIONS
-f Force overwriting existing files in the current directory without prompting the user if this is a desired thing to do. -i When finished, install the files into the location where the global system commands expect to find them. -p When finished, install the files into the users home directory's .snmp subdirectory (where the applications will also search for configuration files). -I DIRECTORY When finished, install the files into the directory DIRECTORY. -a Don't ask any questions. Simply read in the various known configuration files and write them back out again. This has the effect of "auto-commenting" the configuration files for you. See the NEAT TRICKS section below. -rall|none Read in either all or none of the found configuration files. Normally snmpconf prompts you for which files you wish to read in. Reading in these configuration files will merge these files with the results of the questions that it asks of you. -R FILE,... Read in a specific list of configuration files. -g GROUPNAME Groups of configuration entries can be created that can be used to walk a user through a series of questions to create an initial configuration file. There are no menus to navigate, just a list of questions. Run: snmpconf -g basic_setup for a good example. -G List all the known groups. -c CONFIGDIR snmpconf uses a directory of configuration information to learn about the files and questions that it should be asking. This option tells snmpconf to use a different location for configuring itself. -q Run slightly more quietly. Since this is an interactive program, I don't recommend this option since it only removes information from the output that is designed to help you. -d Turn on lots of debugging output. -D Add even more debugging output in the form of Perl variable dumps. NEAT TRICKS
snmpconf -g basic_setup Have I mentioned this command enough yet? It's designed to walk someone through an initial setup for the snmpd(8) daemon. Really, you should try it. snmpconf -R /usr/local/snmp/snmpd.conf -a -f snmpd.conf Automatically reads in an snmpd.conf file (for example) and adds comments to them describing what each token does. Try it. It's cool. NOTES
snmpconf is actually a very generic utility that could be easily configured to help construct just about any kind of configuration file. Its default configuration set of files are SNMP based. SEE ALSO
snmpd(8), snmp_config(5), snmp.conf(5), snmpd.conf(5) V5.6 25 Feb 2003 SNMPCONF(1)