Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help Urgently - ksh Script Post 302936656 by prasadn on Friday 27th of February 2015 01:39:28 AM
Old 02-27-2015
this is the script i am using

Code:
#####################This script finds, logs and deletes files and folders older than 365 days.#################
#/bin/ksh

DIRS_TO_FIND="/home/,
                /db/,
                /db/backup/,
                /staging/,
                /staging/codedrops/,
                /db/*/db2dump/"

$DIR_LOG_FILE="/staging/retain_for_2years/unix_clean_up_Test/logs/list_to_be_deleted.log"

TIMESTAMP=`date +%Y:%m:%d`

DAYS_OLD="365" # This will find and delete folders and files older than 365 days.

IFS=$','

echo "....................................." >> $DIR_LOG_FILE

echo "Starting Generation job on : $TIMESTAMP" >> $DIR_LOG_FILE

for DIR in $DIRS_TO_FIND;

do

echo "Looking for Files in $DIR" >> $DIR_LOG_FILE

find $DIR -type f -mtime +$DAYS_OLD >> $DIR_LOG_FILE

echo "Generated list of Deleted files" >> $DIR_LOG_FILE

done
unset IFS
echo "Generation of files $NOW completed" >> $DIR_LOG_FILE

But it is only getting files older than 365 for /home directory but not next and i want to the log file to be generated for each directory.. so pleas ehelp.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-27-2015 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script needed urgently

Hi Frends, I am need of a small shell script. Kindly any body help me by giving me a small shell script to read first line in a file and extract date from the first line and store it in a variable... and after storing it in a variable the first and the last line of the file has to be deleted..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vas_dba
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Information Urgently.

Hi i dont know about the UNIX OS at all but now as my Project requires, i need to learn it as soon as possible. Could anybody please help me out in suggessting any good elementary book on UNIX OS so that atleast i can learn the commands for UNIX servers and at the same time within the short span... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit_krishan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi help in writing awk script(urgently)

hi to all i have file like this file.txt this is naryana expect hyderabad is a cool place now climate VISAKHSAPATNAM became very cool #vizag is my birth place #hyderabad is a cool place #now climate of hyd became very cool #vizag is my birth place #hyderabad is a cool place ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAKSHMI NARAYAN
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help urgently

Hi to All, I m a regular visitor of this site but this one is my first thread . Although I ve tried but I cant find the solution .:confused: I ve number of files having extension .file., which having some define statement in it.The files consits as follows Ex:- abc.file `define ADCONV0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

6. Solaris

most urgently about pc-routing

Hi I have knowledge is a little about Solaris 10. I have problem route Question I have two lan interfaces nge0 >> 192.168.1.1 / 24 and link up Client1 >> 192.168.1.10 not out internet (GW 192.168.1.254) nge1 >> 192.168.50.220 /24 and link up Client50 >> 192.168.50.1 can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sermsuk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need urgently....

I am new to shell scripting I am getting file sample.txt from mainframes to my unix machine Mon-Fri every 15 minutes from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. I need to Compare timestamp of sample.txt against system time via a Unix script kicked off by an Autosys job My Task is to write a shell script to monitor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script command - need help urgently

I have added script command to the .profile of the id, whose session needs to be captured. When exit command is issued, the script command exits. Is there a way to exit the parent shell also - and log off the system completely with one exit command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please correct my script - Needed very urgently

hello all, I have a script, used to search for the strings from the set of 5 similar pattern file from the log dir. So here it goes . The input parameter is a part of the file name. When during the script execution, the script should parse the input parameter to original file's with the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies
SENDINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						    SENDINPATHS(8)

NAME
sendinpaths - Send Usenet Path: statistics via e-mail SYNOPSIS
sendinpaths [-cdhn] [-k keep-days] [-r report-days] [address [address ...]] DESCRIPTION
sendinpaths checks pathlog/path for ninpaths dump files, finds dump files generated in the past report-days days, makes sure they are valid by running ninpaths on each one and making sure the exit status is zero, and passes them to ninpaths to generate a cumulative report. By default, that report is mailed to the e-mail addresses configured at the beginning of this script (by default, only one address is configured: <top1000@anthologeek.net>) in order to supply the TOP1000 project with useful statistics. See <http://top1000.anthologeek.net/> for more information. When finished, sendinpaths deletes all dump files in pathlog/path that are older than keep-days days. For more information on how to set up ninpaths, see ninpaths(8). OPTIONS
-c When this flag is used, the report is also e-mailed, besides the default submission addresses or those given as command-line arguments, to the newsmaster's address set at configure time. -d Enables debug messages. -h Gives usage information. -k keep-days After having processed dump files, sendinpaths removes those that are older than keep-days days. The default is 0, that is to say to remove all dump files. Setting keep-days to another value can be useful for debugging purpose because it permits to keep a few dump files. -n Don't e-mail the report; instead, just print it to standard output. Don't delete old dump files. -r report-days Process dump files generated during the last report-days days. The default is 32, that is to say to process all the dump files that have been generated during the last 32 days (if, of course, they have not been deleted yet by a previous run of sendinpaths according to the value set by the -k flag). address ... E-mail the report to the mentioned address or addresses, instead of the default one. Several addresses can be used, separated by whitespace. For instance, for two adresses: sendinpaths pathsurvey@top1000.org top1000@anthologeek.net HISTORY
sendinpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. $Id: sendinpaths.pod 9384 2011-12-25 20:57:03Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ninpaths(8). INN 2.5.3 2012-06-15 SENDINPATHS(8)