Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tor and vm's
Special Forums Cybersecurity Tor and vm's Post 302936642 by sparcguy on Friday 27th of February 2015 12:48:29 AM
Old 02-27-2015
I hear FBI network uses TOR model themselves.

TOR is safe but slow really too slow for surfing. you really want to be safe I suggest using relays of homing pigeons to deliver messages no technology in the world can trace that.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TOR environment variable

My profile sets the TOR variable to $(whence vi). What is TOR used for? I appreciate any help I can get. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wittich
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Problem with Privoxy and Tor

Greetings, I use Debian Wheezy as an OS and I have already downloaded the Tor Browser-Bundle, which works fine. As soon as a start privoxy and set the proxy to: 127.0.0.1:8118 (socks4) in the tor browser (edit-->pref-->advanced-->settings--->http-proxy) I always get a connection refused. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dr. Nick
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Account Register With Tor

Hello, I would be interested in creating an account on this forum. However I have run into trouble in the process, I seem to not have permission to access the registration page. It seems that this forum has blocked registration from Tor. I am wondering if there is any way I could obtain an account... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies
USEWITHTOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						     USEWITHTOR(1)

NAME
usewithtor - Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the torsocks(8) library to transparently allow an application to use a SOCKS proxy. SYNOPSIS
usewithtor [application [application's arguments]] DESCRIPTION
usewithtor is a wrapper between the torsocks library and the application what you would like to run socksified. OPTIONS
[application [application's arguments]] run the application as specified with the environment (LD_PRELOAD) set such that torsocks(8) will transparently proxy SOCKS connec- tions in that program. USEWITHTOR VERSUS TORSOCKS
usewithtor runs torsocks(1) with the default configuration file, located at /etc/torsocks.conf. Running torsocks(1) directly means that no configuration file will be used (unless you manually set the TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE or TSOCKS_CONF_FILE environment variable), instead tor- socks(8) will use defaults that are sensible for most Tor installations. USEWITHTOR VERSUS TORIFY
usewithtor(1) and torify(1) intend to achieve the same ends for most practical purposes. However torify(1) will use a default tsocks installation if one exists. Usewithtor(1) will only ever use a torsocks(8) installation. SEE ALSO
torsocks.conf(5) torsocks(1) usewithtor(1) AUTHOR
Robert Hogan (robert@roberthogan.net).This script is very similar to torify(1), provided by the Tor project. USEWITHTOR
USEWITHTOR(1)