Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Help parsing log from vertical to horizontal line Post 302936637 by Don Cragun on Thursday 26th of February 2015 11:34:06 PM
Old 02-27-2015
This seems similar to an earlier thread you started: Change the vertical logs to horizontal line.

Can't you use what you learned from the suggestions given there to solve this problem?

What have you tried? What is failing in what you tried?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting horizontal line to vertical line

how to use "tr" command to display horizontal line to vertical line for vertical to horizontal, the command is tr '\n' '\t' <inputfile but what is the command for horizontal to vertical Thanks Vasikaran (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Draw a Horizontal and Vertical line on UNIX

I want to draw a horizontal and vertical line on Unix. Please suggest some solution. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing vertical lines to horizontal line in a file

Hi, I have a file like below robert PREF: 3 AVAIL: henry PREF: 234 AVAIL: john PREF: 145,178 AVAIL: 123 matt PREF: 564,932 AVAIL: ten PREF: 389 AVAIL: kill (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky1954
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Horizontal to vertical

Hi, Silly question, if I have an excel file that looks something like this: ................. Subject 1 Subject 2 Subject 3 Subject 4 Fever..............13...........9.............23..........14 Headache.........2............12...........18..........23... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move vertical line to Horizontal...

How to move a vertical line to Horizontal line.....Can i use a tr command? code is: StudentID Java .Net C# I want to move this line like this: StudentID Java .Net C# Please use code tags! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsh10
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change log vertical to horizontal lines

Hi, Need help unix command to change this : become this Anyone can help me?:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need perl or shell script to sort vertical lines to horizontal line in csv format

Need perl or shell script to sort vertical lines to horizontal line in csv format My file like below ------------------------- ================================================================================ PATH PINKY1000#I1-1-ZENTA1000-2#I7-1-ASON-SBR-UP-943113845 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda.h
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing vertical log into horizontal

Hi, I have log like this : And i want the output like below : I have try using awk but doesn't work awk ' /ffff /{ts=$1} f && /SectorAntenna\=1/{sa1=$3} f && /SectorAntenna\=2/{sa2=$3} f && /SectorAntenna\=3/{sa3=$3} { s= ts "|" sa1 "|" sa2 "|" sa3 print s f=0 }' (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i do the vertical to horizontal??

51009 8746 8912 17986 20315 24998 5368 38934 7805 8566 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the vertical logs to horizontal line

Hi, cat log EPC-SubsId: 3333 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPA:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-GrIds: PrimaXGB_23:10 EPC-SubsId: 4444 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPB:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-SubId: 5555 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPC:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-SubsId: 6666... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
CGlue(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 						 CGlue(3U)

NAME
CGlue - connector glue SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/cglue.h> DESCRIPTION
CGlue defines a natural size, elasticity (its rate of stretching and shrinking relative to other CGlue), and deformation limits (total amount it can stretch and shrink) in both the horizontal and vertical dimensions. CGlue can be interposed between two connected connectors to augment their connectivity semantics; it acts like two non-linear springs, one horizontal and one vertical, connecting the connectors' centers. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
CGlue( float hnat = 0, float vnat = 0, float hshr = 0, float hstr = 0, float vshr = 0, float vstr = 0, float hshrlim = 0, float hstrlim = 0, float vshrlim = 0, float vstrlim = 0 ) CGlue(const Shape&) Instantiate CGlue, providing the requisite parameters explicitly or inferring them from a Shape object. If a shape is supplied, then the CGlue adopts the shape's natural size, and it assigns the shape's stretchability and shrinkability values to its corre- sponding CGlue elasticity members to obtain a proportionately equivalent elasticity. It also assigns the shape's stretchability and shrinkability values to its deformation limit members. The parameters are described below: hnat, vnat: horizontal and vertical natural sizes, screen units hshr, vshr: horizontal and vertical shrinking rate, constant units hstr, vstr: horizontal and vertical stretching rate, constant units hshrlim, vshrlim: horizontal and vertical shrink limit, screen units hstrlim, vstrlim: horizontal and vertical stretch limit, screen units CGlue* Copy() Create a copy of this CGlue instance. void Rigid() Set all elasticity and deformation limits equal to zero. void Interpose(const CGlue* glue) Change this instance's attributes to reflect the series combination of this and glue. SEE ALSO
Connector(3U), Shape(3I) Unidraw 23 November 1990 CGlue(3U)