Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Help parsing log from vertical to horizontal line Post 302936637 by Don Cragun on Thursday 26th of February 2015 11:34:06 PM
Old 02-27-2015
This seems similar to an earlier thread you started: Change the vertical logs to horizontal line.

Can't you use what you learned from the suggestions given there to solve this problem?

What have you tried? What is failing in what you tried?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting horizontal line to vertical line

how to use "tr" command to display horizontal line to vertical line for vertical to horizontal, the command is tr '\n' '\t' <inputfile but what is the command for horizontal to vertical Thanks Vasikaran (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Draw a Horizontal and Vertical line on UNIX

I want to draw a horizontal and vertical line on Unix. Please suggest some solution. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing vertical lines to horizontal line in a file

Hi, I have a file like below robert PREF: 3 AVAIL: henry PREF: 234 AVAIL: john PREF: 145,178 AVAIL: 123 matt PREF: 564,932 AVAIL: ten PREF: 389 AVAIL: kill (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky1954
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Horizontal to vertical

Hi, Silly question, if I have an excel file that looks something like this: ................. Subject 1 Subject 2 Subject 3 Subject 4 Fever..............13...........9.............23..........14 Headache.........2............12...........18..........23... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move vertical line to Horizontal...

How to move a vertical line to Horizontal line.....Can i use a tr command? code is: StudentID Java .Net C# I want to move this line like this: StudentID Java .Net C# Please use code tags! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsh10
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change log vertical to horizontal lines

Hi, Need help unix command to change this : become this Anyone can help me?:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need perl or shell script to sort vertical lines to horizontal line in csv format

Need perl or shell script to sort vertical lines to horizontal line in csv format My file like below ------------------------- ================================================================================ PATH PINKY1000#I1-1-ZENTA1000-2#I7-1-ASON-SBR-UP-943113845 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda.h
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing vertical log into horizontal

Hi, I have log like this : And i want the output like below : I have try using awk but doesn't work awk ' /ffff /{ts=$1} f && /SectorAntenna\=1/{sa1=$3} f && /SectorAntenna\=2/{sa2=$3} f && /SectorAntenna\=3/{sa3=$3} { s= ts "|" sa1 "|" sa2 "|" sa3 print s f=0 }' (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i do the vertical to horizontal??

51009 8746 8912 17986 20315 24998 5368 38934 7805 8566 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the vertical logs to horizontal line

Hi, cat log EPC-SubsId: 3333 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPA:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-GrIds: PrimaXGB_23:10 EPC-SubsId: 4444 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPB:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-SubId: 5555 EPC-GrIds: RTGHUPC:1:15-11-2013T19:59,22-11-2013T19:59 EPC-SubsId: 6666... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)