Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Port assignment
Operating Systems Linux Port assignment Post 302936595 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of February 2015 01:56:50 PM
Old 02-26-2015
UDP is connectionless, it never "listens". That it's there at all is good enough.

I suspect your client is either using a port you didn't expect, or blocked by a firewall. I am trying to figure out how to force tcpdump to print port numbers instead of service names...

What is pl-1 ?

Last edited by Corona688; 02-26-2015 at 03:02 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

luxadm -e port shows one port not connected

hi i have a sun machine which has one hba 2ports; out of which one port says it is not connected # luxadm -e port /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1,1/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED but both... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCP port assignment

I have multiple processes running the same program on my linux machine. For each process I want to be able to use a unique (available) TCP port. I have thought of using netstat to check which ports are available for use however, the time-window between checking and selecting might expose some race... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timmylita
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

telnet for port 5433 is not working while it works for port 22

Hi, I am trying to set up a dev environment and I have Ubuntu server (10.16.1.92) and a CentOS VM (10.16.3.235) on this. On the CentOS I have a program running on port 5433. Now my problem is that I am unable to telnet this port from another Windows server whereas I can telnet port 22 from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

6. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Generate new port base on the last port but not in used by other application

Hi Expert, Anybody can figure it out on how to generate new port base on my last port let say my last port var1=124 and increment for new port 125,126 but this new two ports need to look at first if this port is not in used by any service, if the port is in used add 1 to new port and if in used... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies
Net::SIP::Leg(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Net::SIP::Leg(3pm)

NAME
Net::SIP::Leg - Wrapper around Socket for sending and receiving SIP packets SYNOPSIS
my $leg = Net::SIP::Leg->new( addr => '192.168.0.2' ); $leg->deliver( $packet, '192.168.0.5:5060' ); DESCRIPTION
A Leg wraps the socket which is used to send and receive packets. It provides ways to strip Via header from incoming packets, to add Via header to outgoing packets and to add Record-Route header while forwarding. It's usually not used directly, but from Net::SIP::Dispatcher. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( %ARGS ) The constructor creates a new object based on the hash %ARGS. The following keys are used from %ARGS: sock The socket as IO::Socket::INET object. "addr", "port" and "proto" will be determined from this object and not from %ARGS. addr The local address of the socket. If this is given but no port it will extract port from addr, if it's in the format "host:port". port The port of the socket. Defaults to 5060. proto The connection protocol, e.g. 'tcp' or 'udp'. Defaults to 'udp'. contact Optional contact information which will be added as Record-route header to outgoing requests and used within Contact header for 200 Responses to INVITE. If not given it will be created based on "addr", "port" and "proto". If no socket is given with "sock" it will be created based on "addr", "port" and "proto". If this fails the constructur will "die()". The constructor will creeate a uniq branch tag for this leg. METHODS
forward_incoming ( PACKET ) Modifies the Net::SIP::Packet PACKET in-place for forwarding, e.g strips top Via header in responses, adds received parameter to top Via header in requests, handles the difference between forwarding of requests to strict or loose routes and inserts Record-Route header in requests. forward_outgoing ( PACKET, LEG_IN ) Similar to forward_incoming, but will be called on the outgoing leg. LEG_IN is the Net::SIP::Leg, where the packet came in (and where forward_incoming was called). Will add Record-Route header and remove itself from Route. deliver ( PACKET, ADDR, [ CALLBACK ] ) Delivers Net::SIP::Packet PACKET through the leg $self to ADDR, which is "ip:port". Usually this method will be call from within Net::SIP::Dispatcher. If the packet was received by the other end (which is only possible to say if a reliable protocol, e.g. 'tcp' was used) it will call CALLBACK if provided. See invoke_callback in Net::SIP::Util for the format of callbacks. If the packet could not be delivered CALLBACK will be invoked with the appropriate errno ($!). While delivering requests it adds a Via header. receive Reads a packet from the socket and returns the Net::SIP::Packet PACKET and the senders ADDR as "ip:port". If reading failed will return "()". check_via ( PACKET ) Returns TRUE if the top Via header in the Net::SIP::Packet PACKET contains the branch-tag from $self, otherwise FALSE. Used to check if the response came in through the same leg the response was send. add_via ( PACKET ) Adds itself to PACKET as Via header. can_deliver_to ( ADDR|%SPEC ) Returns TRUE if the leg can deliver address specified by ADDR or %SPEC. ADDR is a hostname which can be prefixed by the protocol ( e.g. "udp:host" ) and postfixed by the port ( "host:port", "tcp:host:port",... ). If the caller has 'proto','addr' and 'port' already as separate items it can call the method with %SPEC instead. Right now it has now way to check if the leg can deliver to a specific host because it has no access to the routing information of the underlying OS, so that only proto will be checked. fd Returns socket of leg. In some special environments (like tests) there might be legs, which don't have a socket associated. In this case you need to call receive from Net::SIP::Dispatcher yourself, because it cannot be called automatically once it receives data on the socket. dump Returns string containing information about the leg. Used for debugging. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-26 Net::SIP::Leg(3pm)