Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking [Android-Networking] can't acces internet, while settings says all is ok => Routing/Nameserver prob Post 302936545 by hicksd8 on Thursday 26th of February 2015 09:52:27 AM
Old 02-26-2015
You posted this question 2 weeks ago and no replies yet??

The output that you posted is from what??

Does the Android say it's connected to Wi-Fi but you can't do anything with it? If so, as per your question, perhaps it's not received DNS information and therefore cannot resolve any URL's. Try entering a URL containing the ip address instead of the domain name and see if that works.

Normally, on Android, you need to tell it to get it's ip address from the DHCP server AND get it's DNS server address from the same server. Check the settings on the Android.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to acces unix box thrugh the internet

I have my own PC with linux mandrake 8.2 at home but the problem is that I cant effort the internet connection right now. but at work I had W2k. so if there is any program that allow me to log in unix box and use that program as a terminal for that box. I want to practice the linux code and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuDe_BuT_CoOoL
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Routing, Port Mapping, Internet Sharing etc etc

I'm running OS X. (OS X Server actually) and right now I use a program called BrickHouse to handle my router configuration. But this program kind of sucks. I'd much rather learn how to configure these programs manually. By these programs, I mean the programs OS X comes with to handle these jobs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Firewall - 2 Internet accesses - routing rules from source

Hello, I would like to modify my firewall configuration for being able to handle 2 internet connections in my Red zone. I would then like to configure some selecting routing rules depending on the internal source. Actual configuration: ===================== 1 router A (ISP)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: el70
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

solaris 8 networking routing

hi all, how do i make sure that the new routing should take effect on the os memory right away? what should i run after i add all the new "route add ....". I have an example below: bash-2.03# netstat -rn Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NameServer not accessible

Hi everybody I am facing a little problem with names servers. I have a VPS with Kloxo installed on it I have registered 2 name servers (i.e. ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com) past one month. These nameservers are not accessible yet. I have check the nameserver on internic site and they are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Which nameserver is used?

Hello, i change the nameserver in the resolv.conf file and want to test the new settings. On Linux i can call nslookup and it shows the nameserver which is used: ># nslookup www.unix.com Server: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX#53 Non-authoritative answer:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soeren1176
3 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
NETROM(4)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 NETROM(4)

NAME
AF_NETROM - NET/ROM amateur packet radio protocol family DESCRIPTION
NET/ROM is a protocol used extensively by radio amateurs. The Linux NET/ROM protocol family permits access to these protocols via the stan- dard networking socket metaphor. The NET/ROM protocol layer only supports connected mode. IP traffic may be stacked on top of NET/ROM frames using a non-standard extension to the NET/ROM protocol. The only mode of operation is connected mode which is the mode used for a socket of type SOCK_SEQPACKET (stream sockets are not available in NET/ROM). This requires that the user ensures output data is suitably packetised, and that input data is read a packet at a time into a buffer of suitable size. NET/ROM addresses consist of 6 ascii characters and a number called the SSID. These are encoded into a sockaddr_ax25 structure which is provided to the relevant system calls. NET/ROM has some unusual properties. Notably in a multi-user system an AX.25 address is often associated with a user, and some users may not have such an association. a set of ioctl calls are provided to manage an association table. NET/ROM supports the following socket options for SOL_NETROM. NETROM_T1 is the T1 timer in 1/10ths of a second, NETROM_T2 is the T2 timer in 1/10ths of a second. NETROM_N2, the retry counter is also configurable. There is no 'infinite retry' option supported however. It is possible for an application to request that the NET/ROM layer return the NET/ROM header as well as the application data, this is done via the NETROM_HDRINCL socket option. SEE ALSO
call(1), socket(2), setsockopt(2), getsockopt(2), nrbroadcast(5), nrports(5), netromd(8), noderest(8), nodesave(8), nrparms(8). AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 25 July 1996 NETROM(4)