Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Leaving space inside sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Leaving space inside sed Post 302936537 by jayadanabalan on Thursday 26th of February 2015 08:20:49 AM
Old 02-26-2015
That worked !!!

Thanks a lot Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Command used for checking space occupied by files & sub-direc's inside a mount in %?

Hi, I want to know the command which can be used for finding the % of disk space occupied by files & sub-folders inside a given mount in Sun Solaris For eg: I have /tmp/ folder when I sat df -k it will give the percentage of space used by /tmp/. Say if I want to see how much % the files &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weblogicsupport
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED inside while loop

Hi, im having problem creating a loop using my code: aside from the fact that the 1st variable (VAR) does not increment, it loops more than the expected output. for sample purposes, test csv contains 3 lines. #get number of lines in the file lines=$( wc -l < test.csv ) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paoie
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk: Delete matching words leaving only the first instance

I have an input text that looks like this (comes already sorted): on Caturday 22 at 10:15, some event on Caturday 22 at 10:15, some other event on Caturday 22 at 21:30, even more events on Funday 23 at 11:00, yet another event I need to delete all the matching words between the lines, from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrinningArmor
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested double quota and white space inside variable

I have a question about nested double quotes. Any help is appreciated. Here are my commands on Mac OS. # string="Ethernet \"USB Ethernet\" \"Bluetooth DUN\" AirPort FireWire \"Bluetooth PAN\"" # echo $string Ethernet "USB Ethernet" "Bluetooth DUN" AirPort FireWire "Bluetooth PAN" #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lindazhou
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help using sed inside the loop.

Hi, i have written a script. it collects data based on the sql queries executed by it. i have multiple output files. after the output file is made i need to do some cosmetic changes in the files and then store them. i am unable to use sed conditions inside the loop. see below code for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed inside sed for replacing string

My need is : Want to change docBase="/something/something/something" to docBase="/only/this/path/for/all/files" I have some (about 250 files)xml files. In FileOne it contains <Context path="/PPP" displayName="PPP" docBase="/home/me/documents" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable inside sed

Problem: Need to read contents from a file and use that value inside sed as avariable. sample code below. THe below code replaces contents inside file123 for matched string with "$x" value only. but we want the value of x which is read from TextFile.txt to go in there. cat TextFile.txt|while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to pass a space inside a variable shell scripting

Can anyone help me in solving this ? p=`date` e=`echo $p | awk '{print $2,$3}'` # echo $p Wed Aug 4 12:00:08 IST 2013 but when I am echoing the value of e it is giving me with one space. As shown below: # echo $e Aug 4 I need this value to be exact as found in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Array inside sed

Hi guys Let me at first describe the whole thing that I'm trying to do. Lets say I have 100 files like the following one. Ow 1230 16.000000 -0.834000 16.083957 1.751652398 -17.20094528 -4.450623277 Hw 1231 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed inside shellscript

Hi All, I am trying to use sed command inside a shell script. The same sed command is working on command line, however its not working while using inside a shell script. From various sources i found , it could be done by using -i option, but its not working as well. sed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
11 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)