Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert a bash to ash
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Convert a bash to ash Post 302936536 by mdijoux25 on Thursday 26th of February 2015 08:14:57 AM
Old 02-26-2015
Thanks you for the answers it was an space between the " and the brackets.

everythings work fine now.

thanks you very much

Last edited by mdijoux25; 02-26-2015 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: solved

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert bash to sh URGENT :(

Hi, I have to write a program to compare 2 files for copying. the program is ran on Solaris 5.8 like this: script.sh file1.txt file2.txt I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Jones
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why generate "ash and bash" different output for same bash script?

Hi, For my bash script, terminal with bash is generate an OK output and program works right. already, terminal with ash have "line 48: syntax error: Bad substitution" output and program don't work. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s. murat
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

***convert from perl to bash***

can any body translate the follwing script into one that works in bash? #!/usr/bin/perl # classify_books.pl my $csv_file = shift; my %categories = ( 'childrens' => 'childrens_books.txt', 'horror' => 'horror_books.txt', 'sports ' =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferrycorsten73
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Differences in BASH and ASH shells regarding if command?

Guys I now have a script that's working in a BASH environment, however one line doesn't appear to be working on an embedded device that has a busybox therefore ASH shell. I've googled but there's very little I can find regarding the ASH shell. In BASH the following line works... if ] ;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
6 Replies

5. Programming

Convert Bash script to C

dear all, i need your advice for convert bash shell to C programming INDEX=/zpool1/NFS/INDEX/${1} SCRIPT=/zpool1/NFS/script/${1} LIST=SAMPLE cd ${SCRIPT} for i in `cat ${LIST}` do GETDATE=`echo ${i}|awk '{print substr($1,9,8)}'` /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F ":" '{close(f);f=$4}{print >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Ash (busybox) - Beginner

Hi All, I have a script that I wrote on a bash shell, I use it to sort files from a directory into various other directories. I have an variable set, which is an array of strings, I then check each file against the array and if it is in there the script sorts it into the correct folder. But... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgtbobie
5 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Bash to Ash, errors and adjustments

I wrote Bash script and now I want to convert it to Ash. One headache is this function: do_adduser() { setaddprompt _arr_add=("Add manually" "Add via TXT" "return to main menu" "exit program") select add_action in "${_arr_add}" do case "$REPLY" in 1)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzivkovi
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Bash to ash port, character-matching problem

I'm trying to convert this working bash script into an Ash script, read -p "Username:" _username if ! ]]; then echo "Valid" else echo "INVALID" fi However, Ash does not recognize the "=~" character. How can I do this? Also, is there a good reference guide, so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzivkovi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to convert to m-d-yyyy

I am using bash that when run downloads a file a verifies that there is data in it. What I am not able to do is have a user enter a date in any format they wish and have it converted to m-d-yyyy. Thank you :). Bash printf " Welcome to NGS analysis, checking for new files and creating a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
PURITY(6)							   Games Manual 							 PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)