Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting multiple files off an ftp server once they have been downloaded Post 302936528 by rbatte1 on Thursday 26th of February 2015 07:17:09 AM
Old 02-26-2015
This is probably the server being unable to respond quickly enough. Just putting a small sleep in the loop outside the actual ftp should help. Of course if you sleep for 1 second but have 600 files that will take 20 minutes to complete if you sleep between every ftp and you open a second connection to do the deletion.

Does there seem to be a common limit to the number of connections when getting lots of small files? Perhaps you can have a sleep every 10 files so it doesn't hurt too much.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting multiple files through ftp

Hi, I have a situation where I need to delete multiple files from a folder once I connect to FTP server. I am using ftp script to get the files, number of files always vary from 1 to 100. once I get the files I need to delete all the files downloaded I am making a list of all the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

question regarding ftp. Files downloaded are of size Zero.

I need to download some files from a remote server using ftp. I have ftp'd into the site. I then do an mget * to retrieve all of the data files. Everything seems to proceed normally and I am given feedback that the files were downloaded. Now if I go into the DOS Shell or Windows explorer, it list... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralphisnow
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count total file downloaded using FTP

Hi All, I'm developing a FTP script as below: ftp -v -n <IP_ADDRESS> << EOF user avery jSqaqUU2 lcd /directory/folder/ ascii prompt mget * bye EOF I would like to enhance the script to count the total file downloaded. For example, once the script run i want the message "Total <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cas553
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in deleting old files from a ftp server

Hi, I'm quite new to unix and perl scripting and need to write a script to delete files older than 7 days from a remote ftp server. Unix or Perl script would do... I wrote the following code: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use File::Basename; use Net::FTP; #use Net::FTP::File; my $verbose =... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunsoman80
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

why file automatically deleting in ftp server

Iam putting file in ftp server. iam doing ftp to transfer a file to ftp server but after sometime(10 sec) the file is automatically deleting in the ftp. Can i know why this happens. When my friend ftp the file to the same server , the file is not deleting aftersometime... it is there. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp'ing multiple files to the remote server

unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from one server to one server

Hi, I'm new to shell script..I have one requriement like - In one server have more than one files,I want to ftp those files to some otehr server.. Ex : test1.pdf test2.pdf Please suggest me how to do (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkaswa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Multiple Files in FTP Server

Hi Friends, I have a requirement to get multiple files from ftp(remote) server and once the files is copied to local machine , I need to move the files on to a different directory in ftp machine. FTP Machine : 9.9.999.999 Source File Directory : /ftpuser File Pattern: TMS* Now I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshbao87
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies
JZIP(6) 						 John's Z-code Interpreter Program						   JZIP(6)

NAME
jzip - execute Infocom v1-5 and Inform v1-5 & v8 game files SYNOPSIS
jzip [ options ] z-file-name DESCRIPTION
jzip invokes the Z-code Interpreter. REQUIREMENTS
jzip will run under most (if not all) flavors of Unix, including AIX, Solaris, SunOS, HP/UX, Linux, Free/NetBSD, IRIX, NeXT Mach, DEC OSF/1, and others. EDITING
JZip now supports arrowkey editing in UNIX. Up/Down selects the previous / next command in history Left/Right moves the cursor over the line. Backspace deletes Typing inserts under the cursor OPTIONS
-l n lines in display -c n columns in display -r n text right margin (default = 1) -t n text top margin (default = 0) -v display version information -m monochrome mode -y set Tandy bit -s n zmachine strict level, from 0 (none), 1 (report once, recommended) to 3. ENVIRONMENT
jzip looks for the environment variable INFOCOM_PATH and will use the path found there to look for the story file specified on the command line if the story file cannot be found in the current directory. CREDITS
jzip is written and maintained by John Holder (j-holder@home.com), based on the ZIP v2.0 sources by Mark Howell and Olaf 'Olsen' Barthel. AVAILABILITY
The most recent version of jzip can be downloaded from one of: http://www.jzip.sourceforge.net/ ftp://ifarchive.org/infocom/interpreters/zip/ FILES
/usr/games/jzip The Z-Code Interpreter Program /usr/lib/games/zfiles Recommended location for Zcode files RELATED USENET NEWSGROUPS
Interactive Fiction (IF) authors should check out rec.arts.int-fiction, and IF players should check out rec.games.int-fiction. 2.1 JZIP(6)