Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Mailx sending but not receiving Post 302936463 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 25th of February 2015 07:14:17 PM
Old 02-25-2015
If you wanted someone else to send email to your outlook account, what e-mail address would you tell them to use? Presumably, it would be something like id@server.domain. Use that same address as the email address you give to mailx.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email from mailx

hi can i know how to use mailx to send email to my lotus email account? i wan to send a file in a directory as an attachment and then email to lotus. can show me the command line to do it? thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx

while trying to send a mail, though the output file doesn't contain any exclamatory mark(!), i am getting that in the mail with an extra line. please help me out from this ASAP. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachement using mailx

Hi I tried reading docs from this forum and googled it...but i couldnt get the answer for attaching a document in mail. I need it to be the actual attachement not adding the content of the file to the body of the mail.. i used uuencode ...to encode the file but it is coming as a junk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
4 Replies

4. AIX

Mailx Not sending

How can I check to see how/why my mailx program is not sending? /var has enough room. -Thanks ---------- Post updated at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:35 AM ---------- I tested the mailx to send with this command: echo "This is going to be body of the mail" |mailx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tfort73
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending variable value via mailx

Hi all, I need to send a variable value in the script through mailx. Please find the script below but its not working. agents.sh: agents=`grep "Tot Agents " snapshot.dbm` if (( $? == 0 )); then mailx abc@gmail.com $agents fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: db2cap
3 Replies

6. Programming

Sending and Receiving data between Client, HTTP Proxy, and Remote Server

I am having problems receiving data from a remote server. It seems that I can send an HTTP request to any host such as http://www.google.com, but I can't get a reply. I'm sending the host a HTTP 1.0 request that is formatted as such: GET / HTTP/1.0 Host: http://www.google.com Connection:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubham92
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving NDR with mailx

We use mailx (HP-UX) sending emails to list of external parties. When their email address is wrong or mailbox is full, how can I receive Non-Delivery Report (NDR) in a specific internal emailbox being monitored? Please help. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: winwin
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help sending attachment via mailx

Hello, I am new to the Unix thing, and I am having trouble sending attachments via shell client putty through mailx. The command I use is $ mailx -s "Subject" user@blah.com < attachment.txt but everytime I do that it would say Cannot open attachment.txt I have the file save to my computer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrobin20
5 Replies
RCVPACK(1)                                                           [nmh-1.5]                                                          RCVPACK(1)

NAME
rcvpack - append message to file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/rcvpack file [-mbox] [-mmdf] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
The rcvpack program will append a copy of the message to the file listed on its command line. If the -mbox switch is given (the default), then the messages are separated using mbox (uucp) style delimiters. This is the format used by most mail clients (elm, mailx, etc.). If the -mmdf switch is given, then the messages are separated by mmdf style delimiters. Each message in the file is separated by four CTRL-A's and a newline. rcvpack will correctly lock and unlock the file to serialize access to the file, when running multiple copies of rcvpack . In general, its use is obsoleted by the file action of slocal, although it might still have occasional uses in various shell scripts. FILES
/etc/nmh/mts.conf nmh mts configuration file SEE ALSO
rcvdist(1), rcvstore(1), rcvtty(1), slocal(1) BUGS
Only two return codes are meaningful, others should be. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RCVPACK(1)