Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk in shellscript
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk in shellscript Post 302936407 by crumble on Wednesday 25th of February 2015 09:24:58 AM
Old 02-25-2015
That's it Smilie! Thank you very much!
Everything works now as expected.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Shellscript

I am new to UNIX. I got the file from Oracle, with two columns (Table Name and Column Name). I need to create the shell script where the result suppose to include plain text, <table_name>, <Column_name> from the file. Plain text will be the statements to create index in Oracle. something like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newuser100
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another shellscript question

Folks; on a unix server I have a mapping file which holds a list mountpoints of all databases and their mountpoints. tab delimited or colon deliminted..I needed to copy the datafiles from the pristine mountpoints to test's mountpoints in this case. I needed to do this by passing sid name using... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shellscript

Hello. I am a novince at writing shell scripts but here is the question. I have to write a shell script that does the following: Once executed via crontab, the script should do the following: a. get date/time stamp in for format 10-MAR-05 and b. execute shell script my_script.sh (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk in a loop/shellscript

I am trying to write a shell script using awk which will format the output of the "ps -eaf" command by sorting it by user and then listing all of the processes for each user. Here is an example of the output I want: Here is the code I have: #! /bin/sh for I in `ps -eaf h | awk '{print $1}'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shinsuio
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition in shellscript

Hi All, I tried below code getting error. AD=0 ZERO=0 if then echo "AD is zero select another symbol" fi syntax error near unexpected token `fi' plz help me to solve this error (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shellscript for the following

hi all, i need the shell script for he below requirement i had the input file as a_20121217_035120( frmat is a_date_hhmmss) a_20121217_035128 a_20121217_035456 a_20121217_035767 a_20121217_035178 a_20121217_035189 a_20121217_035220 my output should be a_20121217_035456... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shellscript

I am new in shell script i want to convert .txt file in the format axsjdijdjjdk to a x s j d i j d j j d k (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add field to diffrent file using shellscript? or awk

hi, would you help me? i have file total.csv "a","e23","f" "b,"34d","g" "c","45f","f" "d","45s","f" count.csv 3 i do this : paste -d',",' total.csv count.csv but the result like this: "a,"e23","f" 3 "b,"34d","g" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kivale
1 Replies
MEMORYALLOCATORS(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual				       MEMORYALLOCATORS(9)

NAME
memoryallocators -- introduction to kernel memory allocators DESCRIPTION
The NetBSD kernel provides several memory allocators, each with different characteristics and purpose. This document summarizes the main differences between them. The Kmem Allocator The kmem allocator is modelled after an interface of similar name implemented in Solaris. This is main general purpose allocator in the ker- nel. It is implemented on-top of the vmem(9) resource allocator (beyond the scope of this document), meaning it will be using pool_cache(9) inter- nally to speed-up common (small) sized allocations. It requires no setup, but cannot be used from interrupt context. See kmem(9) for more details. The Pool Allocator The pool(9) allocator is a fixed-size memory allocator. It requires setup (to initialize a memory pool) and is interrupt-safe. See pool(9) for more details. The Pool Cache Allocator The pool cache allocator works on-top of the pool(9) allocator, also allowing fixed-size allocation only, requires setup, and is interrupt- safe. The pool cache allocator is expected to be faster than other allocators, including the ``normal'' pool allocator. In the future this allocator is expected to have a per-CPU cache. See pool_cache(9) for more details. The UVM Kernel Memory Allocator This is a low-level memory allocator interface. It allows variable-sized allocations in multiples of PAGE_SIZE, and can be used to allocate both wired and pageable kernel memory. See uvm(9) for more details. SEE ALSO
intro(9), kmem(9), pool(9), pool_cache(9), uvm(9), vmem(9) AUTHORS
Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org> YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@NetBSD.org> BSD
August 3, 2009 BSD