Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting multiple files off an ftp server once they have been downloaded Post 302936392 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 25th of February 2015 07:28:13 AM
Old 02-25-2015
This whole operation would be much easier if you could do it from the ftp server itself. Do you have sysadmin rights on the ftp server?
Can you 'put' the files from there instead of 'get' the files? You can then move the files already 'put' to another directory.

Last edited by hicksd8; 02-25-2015 at 08:34 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting multiple files through ftp

Hi, I have a situation where I need to delete multiple files from a folder once I connect to FTP server. I am using ftp script to get the files, number of files always vary from 1 to 100. once I get the files I need to delete all the files downloaded I am making a list of all the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

question regarding ftp. Files downloaded are of size Zero.

I need to download some files from a remote server using ftp. I have ftp'd into the site. I then do an mget * to retrieve all of the data files. Everything seems to proceed normally and I am given feedback that the files were downloaded. Now if I go into the DOS Shell or Windows explorer, it list... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralphisnow
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count total file downloaded using FTP

Hi All, I'm developing a FTP script as below: ftp -v -n <IP_ADDRESS> << EOF user avery jSqaqUU2 lcd /directory/folder/ ascii prompt mget * bye EOF I would like to enhance the script to count the total file downloaded. For example, once the script run i want the message "Total <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cas553
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in deleting old files from a ftp server

Hi, I'm quite new to unix and perl scripting and need to write a script to delete files older than 7 days from a remote ftp server. Unix or Perl script would do... I wrote the following code: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use File::Basename; use Net::FTP; #use Net::FTP::File; my $verbose =... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunsoman80
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

why file automatically deleting in ftp server

Iam putting file in ftp server. iam doing ftp to transfer a file to ftp server but after sometime(10 sec) the file is automatically deleting in the ftp. Can i know why this happens. When my friend ftp the file to the same server , the file is not deleting aftersometime... it is there. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp'ing multiple files to the remote server

unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from one server to one server

Hi, I'm new to shell script..I have one requriement like - In one server have more than one files,I want to ftp those files to some otehr server.. Ex : test1.pdf test2.pdf Please suggest me how to do (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkaswa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming Multiple Files in FTP Server

Hi Friends, I have a requirement to get multiple files from ftp(remote) server and once the files is copied to local machine , I need to move the files on to a different directory in ftp machine. FTP Machine : 9.9.999.999 Source File Directory : /ftpuser File Pattern: TMS* Now I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshbao87
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)