Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Booting T5 from USB
Operating Systems Solaris Booting T5 from USB Post 302936234 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 24th of February 2015 04:56:25 AM
Old 02-24-2015
Booting a SPARC from USB is not something I've done but I would say that, in all cases, the 'bios' or equivalent must support such a boot if it's to work.

Before the O/S is running there are no drivers installed so it has to be the service processor that is looking for a USB image to boot.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting

Hi all, I've managed to get Mandrake 9 installed by disconnecting my 2 windows' drives. When I reconnect them Mandrake wants to take over. I figure it's time for the BootManager, or should I use a Linux specific one like Lilo? Or have I already stuffed up by not running Lilo at time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
2 Replies

2. Linux

Booting Linux from an USB stick

I got Puppy linux and installed it on a usb stick. In the BIOS i selected to boot from USB-FDD but it goes to my HD and ignores the USB stick, What going on ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX not booting

ok so i have recently aquired an old Apple network server 700, its running AIX 4.1.4, i have virtually no experience in unix, it come up with "Can't open disk lebel package can't OPEN: /bandit/53c825@2,0:aix" i tried the maintinance mode with the AIX CD and i guess reinstalled, at least it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Apo11o
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KNOPPIX CD not Booting

I have downloaded KNOPIIX and burned it on a CD, it niether boots from CD nor could I open the file, it seems the extension is .iso, would you mind sending me your comment,please. Thank you very much (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir
2 Replies

5. Linux

Problems booting RH 8

I installed RH8 on Thinkpad R51. The install went smooth, but when I tried to boot, it hanged at: PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on Pci bus 00 device f9, VID=8086, ID=24ca PCI: Device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collisions. PCI_IDE: (ide_setup_pci_device:) could not enable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
0 Replies

6. Solaris

booting from CD

Hello.. I am Still Learing Solaris .. when i try to Install Solaris 8 from its CD...i pressed STOP + A and i get a OK prompt screen. I then typed, "boot cdrom" and i am getting this error message. " FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled." How do we enable the boot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Booting

I first had windows xp 64-bit installed on my system, and then installed fedora 10 on a partition (partition was created while installing fedora). When installation was completed, I could not boot on Windows or Fedora, I keep on getting this disc error and system asking to press ctrl+alt+del to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucianvibz
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting different partitions on a usb drive with syslinux

Hello, I have an 8gb usb flash drive that I had high aspirations of using for a recovery/install/messing around multipurpose drive. fdisk shows: $ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb password for woodnt: Disk /dev/sdb: 8036 MB, 8036285952 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 977 cylinders Units =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies
USB_TEMPLATE(4) 					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					   USB_TEMPLATE(4)

NAME
usb_template -- USB templates SYNOPSIS
To compile this module into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device usb_template To load the module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): usb_template_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The usb_template module implements various USB templates that are needed when programming an USB device side driver. A USB template consists of an USB device descriptor, one or more USB configuration descriptors, one or more USB interface descriptors, one or more USB endpoint descriptors, USB strings and additional USB descriptors. The USB template module currently has templates for USB Mass Storage, USB CDC Eth- ernet and Message Transfer Protocol. USB templates are currently selected using the "hw.usb.template" sysctl. The "hw.usb.template" value can be changed at any time, but will not have any effect until the USB device has been re-enumerated. SEE ALSO
usb(4) STANDARDS
The usb_template module complies to the USB 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 standard. HISTORY
The usb_template module was written by Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
March 18, 2014 BSD