Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Shell Script for Array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Shell Script for Array Post 302936087 by hemanthsaikumar on Monday 23rd of February 2015 01:10:20 AM
Old 02-23-2015
Need Shell Script for Array

Hi all,
I have an input file like below (a comma seperated file)

Code:

I need to get the output as below ...
Code:
  record 345 sum is 12
  record 400 sum is 10
  record 328 sum is 1
  record 345 count is 10
  record 400 count is 8
  record 328 count is 3

I am trying to achieving it by reading the input file through array concept,i dnt have any idea on array concept in shell scripting

Thanks in advance
Sai

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size of an array in sh shell script

Is there a way to find out the size of an array in sh shell script? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trivektor
1 Replies

2. Solaris

i cannot give array declaration in shell script

Dear all, i m unable to give array decalartion in solaris Operating system shell script and script was so.sh declare -a bull for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 do bull=$i echo "${bull}" done it is throwing an error called so.sh: declare: not found so.sh: bull=1: not... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition against a ARRAY in shell script

Hi, I want to check a particular string inserted by User to be checked against the values i already have in a ARRAY string using IF condition. Is this possible? if yes how to do that. example : i have a,b,c,d,e,f values in a array called values i asked user to enter a value: user entered... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array declaration in Shell script

this is my code declare -a USERCERT declare -a CACERT declare -a KEYSRC this is the error + declare -a USERCERT ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found + declare -a CACERT ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found + declare -a KEYSRC ./clone.sh: 1: declare: not found (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
11 Replies

5. BSD

Creating an array out of users: shell script

I want to create a shell script for a menu selection consisting of users defined on the machine. To an administrator having the privileges, the selection menu will look as follows: Select the user you want to define the variables for: 1) my-username-1 2) my-username-2 etc Then there would be a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Ksh Shell script

hi team, i have a file, which contains only variable and its value param.ksh --------- export A=123 export B=345 export C=567 export D=OPLI export E=OL89PO From shell script, i am invoking this file and use the value of this variable. Now there are 5 variable in above file. Before i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two array in shell script

In shell script i have two variables with value debit_sal="DOG,HIU,JIU,GYT,PPI,KIU,HUY........." debit_req='HIU, JIU, HUY, GTR, KOI, ............" i stored this two in two array arr=$(echo $debit_sal| tr "," "\n"); arr1=$(echo $debit_req| tr ", " "\n"); #(note second arry has comma with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in shell script

Hi, check=("/usr/local/bin/chk_nag | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" "/usr/local/bin/chk_kas | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" "/usr/local/bin/chk_was | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" ) for i in "${check}"; do echo $i; done when I run this. It says Syntax error: "(" unexpected Please advise. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Two Array in shell script

Hi Experts, I've got this problem where I need to add two array in shell script such that that is an element is greater than 9 then it get further split into individual digit, something like below : Input :- array1=(2 6 8 9 10 12) array2=(5 4 6 8 12 14) Output :- array3=(7 1 0 1 4 1 7 2 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)