Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Plus.google.com/+UNIXLinuxForums Post 302936033 by Neo on Sunday 22nd of February 2015 05:41:45 AM
Old 02-22-2015
Welcome. This year (2015) I plan to work harder for the forums. Last year (2014), I was busy with other projects and did not add many new features or focus on our search engine optimization (SEO) as required.

One of the things I have noticed is that our man page area (with iterative recursive search feature) is getting referenced more and more. So, because this part of the site is getting popular, I'm going to update and improve the man page area.

Thanks again for your patience with me; as sometime I get busy on other projects (especially when the forums are running so well and so well moderated) and don't add new features. I'll work for everyone to add more features and updates in 2015 for sure!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Personalized Google

FYI: If you use the new Personalized Google search page, you can add UNIX.COM to the page by adding one or more UNIX.COM RSS link: https://www.unix.com/external.php?forumids= (and forumid for a specific forum if you want). See: https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Web Development

Helpful Tip: Forcing Google to www.google.com

Helpful Tip! Sometimes when we are in another country, Google redirects our request for www.google.com to: www.google.co.in or to: www.google.co.th If you want to force Google to go to the US site, use: www.google.com/webhp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. Google Chrome OS

google chrome os

i want to install google chrome , but i don't from where can i get the source (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_land
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Google Plus (+)

As we all know, Google has finally launched its next Apps in social networking. What you people think about its competition with other Social networking Apps (specially facebook)? A poll is also added. (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
23 Replies
HTML2MARKDOWN(1)						   User Commands						  HTML2MARKDOWN(1)

NAME
html2markdown - converts a page of HTML into markdown. SYNOPSIS
html2markdown [options...] [(filename|url) [encoding]] DESCRIPTION
html2markdown downloads the specified HTML page, and converts it to text marked up with markdown. The source HTML page may be a local file or remote URL. If not specified, it will be read from standard input. The output is printed to standard output. If an encoding is specified, it will override any encoding information provided by the HTTP Server. When not specified, python-feedparser (if available) will be used to determine the source encoding. If not available, or when reading local files, the encoding is assumed to be UTF-8. OPTIONS
--ignore-emphasis Don't include any formatting for emphasis. --ignore-links Don't include any formatting for links. --ignore-images Don't include any formatting for images. -g, --google-doc Convert an html-exported Google Document. -d, --dash-unordered-list Use a dash rather than a star for unordered list items. -b BODY_WIDTH, --body-width=BODY_WIDTH Number of characters per output line, 0 for no wrap. -i LIST_INDENT, --google-list-indent=LIST_INDENT Number of pixels Google indents nested lists. -s, --hide-strikethrough Hide strike-through text. Only relevant when -g is specified as well. --version Show program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. AUTHOR
This manpage was written for Debian, by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org>. html2markdown 3.200.1 January 2012 HTML2MARKDOWN(1)