Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy text in file to every line in another file Post 302935869 by RudiC on Thursday 19th of February 2015 05:42:43 PM
Old 02-19-2015
Any attempts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to copy a string to a text file

I am using the following command to email a tex file as an attachment- cat mailtext.txt | elm -s "Subject" emailAddr where content of mailtext.txt is - "Body of email" This will attach foo.txt with the email. My problem is that the file foo.txt is ceated dynamically everytime with a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxlxboy
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to search for text in a file and copy file

Compete noob question.... I need a script to search through a directory and find files containing text string abcde1234 for example and then copy that file with that text string to another directory help please :eek: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imeadows
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy entire file content into another file being in last line mode of vi ?

How to copy entire file content into another file being in last line mode of vi ? ---------- Post updated at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:56 AM ---------- Got it : :1,30w file.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy text with ed to new file ?

Alright, so in ed i do a subsititution: ed file << 'HERE' s/.*h2.*>\(.*\)<.*/\1/p HERE This gives me my desired line: Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional! But how would i put this line in a temporary file ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy one file into another except some text

I have file input like- abc,"123",""123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123", abc,"123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123","123""123",abc etc Input file consists of 1000 records and i want to copy into final file except abc abc is at fixed position... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hoe to copy selected strings from file into another text file

Hi Experts, I just want to copy some selected strings from a a file into a new .txt file . I am using below command to find the data now want to copy the search results into another .txt file please help me . find /Path -exec grep -w "filename1|filename1|filename1|" '{}' \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy some line and paste it after some line in same file

Hi, I want to know how I can copy line 6th to 10th and paste it after 17th line in same file. Thanks, Biplab (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Biplab
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text and create new file

I have a directory with ~500 files that look like below. I need to copy each unique entry up until the second_ only once and put a .txt in place of the _. I am not quite sure how but have the below as a startThank you :). cp -u file1.txt "$(cat output.txt)" file1.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to update file with partial matching line in another file and append text

In the awk below I am trying to cp and paste each matching line in f2 to $3 in f1 if $2 of f1 is in the line in f2 somewhere. There will always be a match (usually more then 1) and my actual data is much larger (several hundreds of lines) in both f1 and f2. When the line in f2 is pasted to $3 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Base(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Base(3pm)

NAME
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Base - Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable Base package SYNOPSIS
use base qw{Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Base}; DESCRIPTION
The is the base of all Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable packages. USAGE
CONSTRUCTOR
new my $document = Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new(key1=>value1, key2=>[value=>{opt1=>val1}], key3=>{value=>{opt2=>val2}}); METHODS
document Always returns the document object. Every object should know what document it is in. name Sets or returns the name property. my $name=$folder->name; $placemark->name("New Name"); $document->name("New Name"); description Sets or returns the description property. my $description=$folder->description; $placemark->description("New Description"); $document->description("New Description"); Snippet Returns the Snippet used in the Snippet XML element or a Placemark. The default Snippet from Google Earth is to use the first line of the description however this package defaults to a zero line Snippet. Snippet is rendered with maxLines as the length of the array ref and the content joined with new lines. Typical use $document->Point(Snippet=>"Line 1"); $document->Point(Snippet=>["Line 1", "Line 2"]); Extended used my $snippet=$placemark->Snippet; #[] always array reference $placemark->Snippet([]); #default $placemark->Snippet(["line 1", "line 2", "line 3"]); $placemark->Snippet("My Snippet Text"); #folded into array reference. $placemark->Snippet("line 1", "line 2", "line 3"); #folded into array reference lookat Sets or returns a Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::LookAt object BUGS
Please log on RT and send to the geo-perl email list. SUPPORT
DavisNetworks.com supports all Perl applications including this package. AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis (mrdvt92) CPAN ID: MRDVT COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable creates a GoogleEarth Document. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-26 Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Base(3pm)