Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Group sums by matching and then multiplying by weights Post 302935783 by RudiC on Thursday 19th of February 2015 06:02:26 AM
Old 02-19-2015
Although I'm not a friend of one liners, this one is really short:
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR {W[$1,$3]=$2; W[$1, $4]=-$2;next} {SUM[$1]+=W[$2, $3]} END {for (s in SUM) print s, SUM[s]}' file3 file4
gr1 20
gr2 -10
gr3 -10

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cmos check sums

not entirely unix orientated but.... anyway i've got an old 486dx? 100 that i'll looking to turn into a unix running machine. But everytime i turn it on it comes up with and invalid CMOS checksum, after i've been into the set up and reset that it works fine, tried a new batter and that didn't sort... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevox
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doing sums

Let me explain my problem, I have a file in the following format 9602622 - User ID 01 -2 - Question number & Grade 02 - 3 03 - 7 04 - 12 05 - 9 06 - 0 9601664 - User ID 01 -2 02 - 3 03 - 7 04 - 12 05 - 9 06 - 0 I need to change the file so it looks like this 9601664 54 -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Captain Woods
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error only when multiplying two numbers

Hi $ a=10 ; b=2 $ expr $a + $b 12 $ expr $a - $b 8 $ expr $a / $b 5 $ expr $a * $b expr: syntax error Any idean why I am getting this error only when multiplying two numbers. Whats the exact syntax? Thanks a lot to all in advance CSaha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying Floats/Decimals

Is there a way that i can get something like this to work: Number=`expr 80 \* 10.69` i.e. To multiply an integer by a decimal or a decimal by a decimal etc...? thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rleebife
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching group of words

Hi, I am stuck with a problem, will be thankful for your guidance and help. I have two files. Each line is a group of words with first word as group Id. eg. 'gp1' in File1 and 'grp1' in File2. <File1> gp1 : xyz xys3 syt2 ssx itt kty gp2 : syt2 kgk iti op2 gp3 : ppy yt5 itt sky... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column matching and group setting in tab demited file

Please help me with commands for the following file operations File description 5 columns in total , sorted by column 1 value First formatting, 1) Records with duplicate column 1 values are to be ignored. Just consider the first occurrence of such a record. 2) Records with (column 2 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
3 Replies

7. Programming

problem in multiplying arrays

Hi, this is my code.It's simple : there are 2 2D arrays and the multiplied to C. #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/shm.h> #include<sys/stat.h> #include<stdlib.h> main() { int *A; //A int *B; //B int *C; //C int i,j,x,k,d; int id; ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
17 Replies

8. Programming

Multiplying 2D arrays using fork()

HI, i am trying to multiply 2 2D arrays (a,b) using fork. The answer will be at c. Each child have to calculate 1 row of c. The code is right, as i think of it, with no errors but i dont get the correct c array... I think there is maybe a mistake in i dimension ... Anyway, here is the code: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script that sums the contents of a folder (help me)

I'm looking for a script that sums the contents of a folder, When you give a parameter to the script , i want to know the size of the directory, the number of files, number of folders, These are commands that I have already found du -s find . -type f | wc -l find . -type d | wc -ly ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roggy
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group Multiple Lines on SINGLE line matching pattern

Hi Guys, I am trying to format my csv file. When I spool the file using sqlplus the single row output is wrapped on three lines. Somehow I managed to format that file and finally i am trying to make the multiple line on single line. The below command is working fine but I need to pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
3 Replies
mlib_SignalConv_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				mlib_SignalConv_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalConv_S16_S16_Sat, mlib_SignalConv_S16S_S16S_Sat, mlib_SignalConv_F32_F32, mlib_SignalConv_F32S_F32S - signal convolution SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalConv_S16_S16_Sat(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src1, const mlib_s16 *src2, mlib_s32 m, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalConv_S16S_S16S_Sat(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src1, const mlib_s16 *src2, mlib_s32 m, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalConv_F32_F32(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src1, const mlib_f32 *src2, mlib_s32 m, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalConv_F32S_F32S(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src1, const mlib_f32 *src2, mlib_s32 m, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions performs convolution. For monaural signals, the following equation is used: m-1 dst[i] = SUM (src1[j] * src2[i - j]) if m <= n j=0 n-1 dst[i] = SUM (src2[j] * src1[i - j]) if m > n j=0 where i = 0, 1, ..., (m + n - 2). For stereo signals, the following equation is used: m-1 dst[2*i] = SUM (src1[2*j] * src2[2*(i - j)]) j=0 m-1 dst[2*i + 1] = SUM (src1[2*j + 1] * src2[2*(i - j) + 1]) j=0 if m <= n, or n-1 dst[2*i] = SUM (src2[2*j] * src1[2*(i - j)]) j=0 n-1 dst[2*i + 1] = SUM (src2[2*j + 1] * src1[2*(i - j) + 1]) j=0 if m > n; where i = 0, 1, ..., (m + n - 2). PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: dst Destination signal array. src1 First source signal array. src2 Second source signal array. m Number of samples in the first source signal array. n Number of samples in the second source signal arrays. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_SignalConv_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)