Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy command does not work
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy command does not work Post 302935773 by ann15 on Thursday 19th of February 2015 05:23:18 AM
Old 02-19-2015
Am sorry. I did not include the code showing how nj.terms is created. My code is in remote desktop and hence i can not copy it here. nj.terms has data which is formatted like:
plan|hic|date.

Since nj.terms has contents, if condition is satisfied and run the following commands to remove and copy the files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ls command doesnt work

Good Day I mistakely renamed the dld.sl file in the /usr/lib directory. When i try to ls/ftp into the box i get this error :eek: crt0: ERROR couldn't open /usr/lib/dld.sl errno:000000002 I have tried to rename it back from the renamed file to the original file name, but it gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command work but not in SH script

Command works but not in SH At terminal if i type: scp test.tar.gz user1@server2:/home/user Everything run smoothly (keyed, no password need) At script , test.sh #!/bin/sh scp test.tar.gz user1@server2:/home/user Nothing happen and clue ? ? ? ? ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cititester
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at command does not work

at command does not work with graphic programs like firefox, evolution, etc It works with other commands for example: at now shutdown -h now OK but at now firefox does not work Anyone knows if its possible to open a firefox window at a scheduled time? Thanks Jose (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: otilesoj
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make copy work faster

I am trying to copy a folder which contains a list of C executables. It takes 2 mins for completion,where as the entire script takes only 3 more minutes for other process. Is there a way to copy the folder faster so that the performance of the script will improve? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a command string from the command line

How can we copy a command string from a previous command line and paste it into the cursor position on the current command line? I know that ^c will not work as the shell will interpret as an interrupt signal. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp : recursive copy doesn't work

Hi I have a problem with scp command : I try to copy a list of files from source to destination, it works fine but if there is a directory not existing on destination, it doesn't automatic create. Syntax : scp -rp /<PATH>/<NEW_DIR>/<FILE> <USER_DEST>@<HOST_DEST>:<PATH>/<NEW_DIR>/<FILE>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command does not work

need help, trying make a command where the user presses any keys and it will go to the home page, however it doesnt work, why ? echo -p "press any key to return to main menu" menu if ]; then echo -p "\n" home fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bassmasta1
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy *. does not work in function

Hi, I want to copy a file/directory ( recursively , if needed) and if destination directory does not exist create it ( with parent directory, if needed). funcopy () { if ; then echo "$2 exists , copying files" cp -r "$1" "$2" else echo "Directory does not exist;Create directory" mkdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command does not work

Hello. I have a question as to why my grep command does not seem to be working. grep -c '^?*' ~ grep -c '^.*' ~ I wanted to count the number of files starting with the letter K and have some letters after that. I have such files in my home directory. However, the output is 0. So, I have no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
2 Replies

10. Programming

Shell copy command don't work

I want copy Files: But cp don't work: shell_exec("cp ".$pfad." ".$genzone); shell_exec("cp ../Chrysanthemum.jpg ../test"); Whats wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)