Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Running process on a remote browser Post 302935674 by blackrageous on Wednesday 18th of February 2015 01:22:11 PM
Old 02-18-2015
I stand corrected. Didn't think about tunneling.
This User Gave Thanks to blackrageous For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connect to a remote account using a text browser.....

is it possible to coonect to a remote account using a text browser without the use of ftp... but using the httpd address. to be more precise is there any way to directly connect throught ssh in the text browser itself.. (using a lynx elinks browser). moxxx68 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

leave a process running in a remote machine

Hi, I would like to run a process in my gentoo machine from a consolte (putty) in Windows and would like that this process keep on going when I close the console in Windows (i.e closing this session). The process should take a long time and I do not want to leave the Windows machine running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbasil
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell scripts from web browser

I am in need of a mechanism to run shell scripts from web browser. Could any one of you guide me as to which technology to choose? I have some scripts which take some arguments. Appreciate you response. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: corleone
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running a cgi script even when browser is closed

hii, i have a cgi script file which may take some hours to complete. The script logs the output and mails the user. so the browser need not be open for the output. But currently the script dies off the instant the browser is closed or other pages are viewed. Is there a way out .. ? i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
0 Replies

5. Linux

Configure apache to run with perl ... while running from browser it asks to save .pl

I have installed fedora 9 and trying to run .pl (perl files) from browser. I have below RPM installed: ---------------------------------- httpd-2.2.8-3.i386 mod_perl-2.0.3-21.i386 $cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so Alias /perl /var/www/perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Putty from Browser

Hey All, My first posting around here, So please be patient with me. I dont have any rights on a computer that Im using right now & I was wondering if I can run putty session from the browser itself without downloading it. I looked up all over the web & I couldnt really see a place... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fanxinu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
xon(1X) 																   xon(1X)

NAME
xon - start an X program on a remote machine SYNOPSIS
xon remote-host [-access] [-debug] [-name window-name] [-nols] [-screen screen-no] [-user user-name] [command...] OPTIONS
Note that the options follow the remote host name (as they do with rlogin). Runs xhost locally to add the remote host to the host access list in the X server. This will not work unless xhost is given permission to modify the access list. Normally, xon disconnects the remote process from stdin, stdout and stderr to eliminate the daemon processes which usually connect them across the network. Specifying the -debug option leaves them connected so that error messages from the remote execution are sent back to the originating host. This specifies a different application name and window title for the default command (xterm). Normally xon passes the -ls option to the remote xterm; this option suspends that behaviour. This changes the screen number of the DISPLAY variable passed to the remote command. By default, xon simply uses rsh/remsh/rcmd to connect to the remote machine using the same user name as on the local machine. This option cause xon to specify an alternative user name. This will not work unless you have authorization to access the remote account, by placing an appropriate entry in the remote users file. DESCRIPTION
The xon program runs the specified command (default xterm -ls) on the remote machine using rsh, remsh, or rcmd. xon passes the DISPLAY, XAUTHORITY and XUSERFILESEARCHPATH environment variables to the remote command. When no command is specified, xon runs 'xterm -ls'. It additionally specifies the application name to be 'xterm-remote-host' and the win- dow title to be 'remote-host'. xon can only work when the remote host will allow you to log in without a password, by having an entry in the file permitting access. BUGS
xon can get easily confused when the remote-host, user-name or various environment variable values contain white space. xon has no way to send the appropriate X authorization information to the remote host. xon(1X)