Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Transpose File
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Transpose File Post 302935529 by DGPickett on Tuesday 17th of February 2015 10:40:18 AM
Old 02-17-2015
Can we see example desired output?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

transpose file

Hi all, I have a file in the below format.... <A> B C <A> E F <A> G H I need the result file to be: <A>BC <A>EF <A>GH (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_ds_man
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose an entire text file

Hello all, I want to transpose the rows of a file to the columns (every characters include spaces), i.e.: input: abcdefg 123 456 output: a1 b2 c3 d e4 f5 g6 I wrote a script: #!/bin/csh -f (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: heavenfish
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transpose

Hi ALL I have one input file say FILE1 which looks as below. a=1 b=2 c=3 a=4 b=5 c=6 . . . Here a,b,c...etc are variable names. The output file(FILE2) should look like 1,2,3 4,5,6 ..... ..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rows to Columns - File Transpose

Hi I have an input file and I want to transpose it but I need to take care that if any field is missing for a record it should be popoulated with space for that field - using a shell script INFILE ---------- emp=1 sal=2 loc=abc emp=2 sal=21 sal=22 loc=xyz emp=5 loc=abc OUTFILE... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose a file

input IndID ID1 ID2 ID3 a1 a/a b/b c/c a2 a/a b/b c/c a3 a/b b/b c/d a6 a/b b/b c/e a8 a/a b/c c/e a9 b/b b/d c/e output IDName IndID IDtype C_No ID1 a1 a/a 1 ID1 a2 a/a 1 ID1 a8 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stateperl
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose a text file.

Hello, I have a text file which is like a matrix m rows and n columns. Now I want to convert it into n rows and m columns. Thanks for hint. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose whole file and specific columns

Hi, I have a file like this a b c d e f g h i j k l Case1: I want to transpose the whole file Output1 a d g j b e h k c f i l Case2 Transpose a specific column - Say 3rd (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transpose problem

Hi Friends, I have a file with a structure like this: <file1.csv> field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6,field7,field8,field9,field10,field11,field12 Few Salient points on the file's structure (1)The fields from field1 to field6 is fixed and they would always be present in the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri12
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose a txt file

Hello, I have a text file with 148 rows and 2532691 columns. I need to transpose the data. The command that I am using is awk ' { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) { a = $i } } NF>p { p = NF } END { for(j=1; j<=p; j++) { str=a for(i=2; i<=NR; i++){ ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transpose a file

Hello, I have a file which looks like this Input: Sample Genotype Assay Well plate Sample1 T xx A01 1 Sample2 T xx A01 2 Sample3 T xx A01 3 Sample4 T xx A02 4 Sample5 T xx A02 5 Sample6 T xx A02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
4 Replies
ENC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ENC(4)

NAME
enc -- Encapsulating Interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device enc DESCRIPTION
The enc interface is a software loopback mechanism that allows hosts or firewalls to filter ipsec(4) traffic using any firewall package that hooks in via the pfil(9) framework. The enc interface allows an administrator to see incoming and outgoing packets before and after they will be or have been processed by ipsec(4) via tcpdump(1). The ``enc0'' interface inherits all IPsec traffic. Thus all IPsec traffic can be filtered based on ``enc0'', and all IPsec traffic could be seen by invoking tcpdump(1) on the ``enc0'' interface. What can be seen with tcpdump(1) and what will be passed on to the firewalls via the pfil(9) framework can be independently controlled using the following sysctl(8) variables: Name Defaults Suggested net.enc.out.ipsec_bpf_mask 0x00000003 0x00000001 net.enc.out.ipsec_filter_mask 0x00000001 0x00000001 net.enc.in.ipsec_bpf_mask 0x00000001 0x00000002 net.enc.in.ipsec_filter_mask 0x00000001 0x00000002 For the incoming path a value of 0x1 means ``before stripping off the outer header'' and 0x2 means ``after stripping off the outer header''. For the outgoing path 0x1 means ``with only the inner header'' and 0x2 means ``with outer and inner headers''. incoming path |------| ---- IPsec processing ---- (before) ---- (after) ----> | | | Host | <--- IPsec processing ---- (after) ----- (before) ---- | | outgoing path |------| Most people will want to run with the suggested defaults for ipsec_filter_mask and rely on the security policy database for the outer head- ers. EXAMPLES
To see the packets the processed via ipsec(4), adjust the sysctl(8) variables according to your need and run: tcpdump -i enc0 SEE ALSO
tcpdump(1), bpf(4), ipf(4), ipfw(4), ipsec(4), pf(4), tcpdump(8) BSD
November 28, 2007 BSD