Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to select all files added to a directory in the past 5 mins (HP-UX)? Post 302935502 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 17th of February 2015 06:31:59 AM
Old 02-17-2015
I would use perl too, but to get the required start time. We can then create a reference file and use find based on that to select files.

Assuming you can't just use "date +%s", something like:-
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

date '+%Y %m %d %H %M %S' | read in_Y in_m in_d in_H in_M in_S                                   # Get current time values 
((in_m=$in_m-1))                                                                                 # Reduce month by one as epoch counts from 1/1/1970 as month zero

perl -e "use Time::Local; print timelocal($in_S,$in_M,$in_H,$in_d,$in_m,$in_Y), ;" | read cur_S  # Get current time in seconds since epoch
((old_S=$cur_S-300))                                                                             # Go back five minutes (in seconds)

perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime);\
print scalar(strftime "%Y %m %d %H %M %S", localtime $ARGV[0]), "\n";' $old_S | read Y m d H M S # Display answer in required format to be read in

touch -mt ${Y}${m}${d}${H}${M}.${S} /tmp/ref_file                                                # Create reference file

find . -type f -newer /tmp/ref_file                                                              # Find required files

It's a bit messy, but I hope you can see what is being done and why.

Does this help?

Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Easily Determine If A File Has been Added to a Directory

I am uploading files that need to be processed prior to uploading. I will put the files in a directory. My question is how can I write an easy process to kick off a script once a file has been added? Is there an easy way to determine if a file has been added to a directory? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodmis
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I Easily Determine If A File Has been Added to a Directory

I am uploading files that need to be processed prior to uploading. I will put the files in a directory. My question is how can I write an easy process to kick off a script once a file has been added? Is there an easy way to determine if a file has been added to a directory? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - To print past 5 mins timestamp

hi , I would like to ask how to get past 5 minutes system time and date, if i have following to get current time. # get current time ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year) = localtime(time); $year = $year + 1900; $mon = sprintf ("%02s",$mon+1); $mday = sprintf ("%02s",$mday); $hour =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to select multiple files from archive directory based on the date range

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameters: $date1 & $date2 based on the range i need to select the archived files from the archived directory and moved them in to working directory. can u please help me in writing the code to select the multiple files based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rebuild/update fuppes database if files are added/removed from directory

The title says it all. I have a upnp server running fuppes that is connected to my xbox360. In order to see the files on the xbox360 i have to manually update and rebuild the database anytime i add or remove files. I have tried cron jobs to do it every 20 min which works, but if I am streaming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tr6699
0 Replies

6. Solaris

#1 added to directory on rmount DVD drive

Currently have an issue were we use a script to load a security .dat key. The script was failing to load stating "Unable to open directory". I ssh'd into the server and performed an ls -la on the /cdrom directory. I show the usual cdrom0 but the directory on the cd should be key but is showing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypp1e
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select files for two different directory

I have run one file.but this file is two different directory is there.I wrote the if loop but one directory to find it the file and another directory is not find. #!bin/bash a=/tmp mau="manual.sh" if then echo `ls -l $mau` else echo "file not there" b=/scr #not find the directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajivgandhi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get past 30 mins time in Solaris?

Hi guys, could you help to find a way to get the past 30 mins time in solaris. version: bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS solaris 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc I had tried the following ways, it works fine in GNU Linux, but doesn't work in Solaris. # date Tue Apr 2 01:01:49 CST... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambious
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the two most recently added files to another directory - HP-UX?

Hello, I am attempting to find and copy the two most recently added files to a specific directory, that fit a specific format. I was able to find the command to list the two most recently added files in directory: ls -1t | head -n 2 The command lists the two files names in a vertical list,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find directory is getting files in every 10 mins, if not then when last time file received

Dears, I am looking for a script which will work as a watch directory. I ha directory which keep getting files in every 10 mins and some time delay. I want to monitor if the directory getting the files in every 10 mins if not captured the last received file time and calculate the delay. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
6 Replies
Data::Faker::DateTime(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Data::Faker::DateTime(3pm)

NAME
Data::Faker::DateTime - Data::Faker plugin SYNOPSIS AND USAGE
See Data::Faker DATA PROVIDERS
unixtime Return a unix time (seconds since the epoch) for a random time between the epoch and now. date Return a random date as a string, using a random date format (see date_format). time Return a random time as a string, using a random time format (see time_format). rfc822 Return an RFC 822 formatted random date. This method may not work on systems using a non-GNU strftime implementation (kindly let me know if that is the case.) ampm Returns am or pm randomly (in the current locale) using one of the formats specified in ampm_format. time_format Return a random time format. date_format Return a random date format. ampm_format Return a random am/pm format. datetime_format Return a random date and time format. month Return a random month name, unabbreviated, in the current locale. month_abbr Return a random month name, abbreviated, in the current locale. weekday Return a random weekday name, unabbreviated, in the current locale. weekday_abbr Return a random weekday name, abbreviated, in the current locale. sqldate Return a random date in the ISO8601 format commonly used by SQL servers (YYYY-MM-DD). datetime_locale Return a datetime string in the preferred date representation for the current locale, for a random date. date_locale Return a date string in the preferred date representation for the current locale, for a random date. time_locale Return a time string in the preferred date representation for the current locale, for a random date. century Return a random century number. dayofmonth Return a random day of the month. UTILITY METHODS
Data::Faker::DateTime::timestr($format); Given a strftime format specifier, this method passes it through to POSIX::strftime along with a random date to display in that format. Perl passes this through to the strftime function of your system library, so it is possible that some of the formatting tokens used here will not work on your system. NOTES AND CAVEATS
Be careful build timestamps from pieces Be very careful about building date/time representations in formats that are not already listed here. For example if you wanted to get a date that consists of just the month and day, you should NOT do this: my $faker = Data::Faker->new(); print join(' ',$faker->month,$faker->dayofmonth)." "; This is bad because you might end up with 'February 31' for example. Instead you should use the timestr utility function to provide you a formatted time for a valid date, or better still, write a plugin function that does it: my $faker = Data::Faker->new(); print $faker->my_short_date()." "; package Data::Faker::MyExtras; use base qw(Data::Faker); use Data::Faker::DateTime; __PACKAGE__->register_plugin( my_short_date => sub { Data::Faker::DateTime::timestr('%M %e') }, ); POSIX::strftime See the documentation above regarding the timestr utility method for some caveats related to strftime and your system library. SEE ALSO
Data::Faker AUTHOR
Jason Kohles, <email@jasonkohles.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004-2005 by Jason Kohles This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Data::Faker::DateTime(3pm)