Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Not able to receive emails after job execution Post 302935446 by agent.kgb on Monday 16th of February 2015 04:32:12 PM
Old 02-16-2015
if you send your e-mails to @example.com, first thing to do (and every e-mail client does) is to check mx record for the domain:

Code:
host -n -t mx example.com

if the domain has no mx record in DNS, the mail will be send to a server with IP of the domain:
Code:
host -n example.com

your message says, that sendmail couldn't find both of the record - neither 'mx' nor 'a' record for the domain example.com. Please address the issue to the DNS administrators of the domain.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of job in cron

Hi I have a file say xyz.sh, whose contents are as follows : *************************** #! /bin/ksh set -x . /a.sh . /b.sh . /c.sh ***************************** Now will this execute all the three process simultaneously or sequentially? If it will process simultaneously, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Job execution through Xming

Hello, Every evening I run few shell scripts on AIX Production Box, One shell script takes about one hour to complete and does some DB updation and application processing etc. The shell scripts are getting launched from prompt and not through cron or any scheduler as they require some manual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Configuring POSTFIX to receive emails only from localhost

Hello, I am new to POSTFIX. My manager has asked me to configure POSTFIX running on a server to accept mail only from itself(localhost). Can someone tell me how I can go about doing this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confirm job execution

Hello everybody, Can anybody tell me how do we comfirm the execution of a scheduled job ? In other words, how do I know whether my scheduled script is being executed or not ? Thanks Jitu JK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10.5 perl and cron job execution problem

Hi, I want to run a crontab job on solaris 10.5. I have configured the crontab accordingly 10 * * * * /scripts/dbalter.pl >> /scripts/cronout.txt However this does not work .Then I go to /var/mail/root and find an error in the output: From root@myserver Wed Feb 4 17:02:00 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job Execution in Parallel and Maintain Dependency

All, We need to run multiple jobs in parallel with the dependencies intact. I was trying to use the same with &, but in vain. Is there is any other way to resolve this issue. I need to run Set1 A.sh B.sh C.sh Set2 D.sh E.sh Set3 F.sh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand_msm
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel Job Execution

Hi All, At present I am using a UNIX Script which is running a set of JOBS. These JOBS are to be repeated for 20 times, means the same set of JOBS are repeated by just passing different arguments (From 1 to 20). Is there any way by which I can execute them parallel? At present its all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashantckc
4 Replies

8. Programming

Is it possible to receive emails from my computer?

Could someone help me receive emails sent to my ip address with a c program? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Job execution using crontab

Hi All, I am facing a problem with crontab.I made an entry in crontab like this 05 07 * * * /afs2/cdwfullacc/current/exe/cdw_generate_special_klant.sh > /afs2/cdwfullacc/current/scratch/cdw_gen_cron.log But job was not getting executed. Entry in crontab was made with same user by whom... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with CRON job

HI, I have written an executable file in unix and I was able to execute it successfully but when I called this file with cron job it was giving error like "permission denied" and "No such file or directory". Please help in how cron calls the file and what permission is required on the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin kumar rai
2 Replies
avahi.service(5)						File Formats Manual						  avahi.service(5)

NAME
avahi.service - avahi-daemon static service file SYNOPSIS
/etc/avahi/services/*.service DESCRIPTION
/etc/avahi/services/*.service are XML fragments containing static DNS-SD service data. Every service file can contain multiple service def- initions which share the same name. This is useful for publishing service data for services which implement multiple protocols. (i.e. a printer implementing _ipp._tcp and _printer._tcp) XML TAGS
<service-group> The document tag of avahi service files. Should contain one <name> and one or more <service> elements. <name replace-wildcards="yes|no"> The service name. If replace-wildcards is "yes", any occurence of the string "%h" will be replaced by the local host name. This can be used for service names like "Remote Terminal on %h". If replace-wildcards is not specified, defaults to "no". <service protocol="ipv4|ipv6|any"> Contains the service information for exactly one service type. Should contain one <type> and one <port> element. Optionally it may contain one <domain-name>, one <host-name>, any number of <subtype> and any number of <txt-record> elements. The attribute protocol specifies the protocol to advertise the service on. If any is used (which is the default), the service will be adver- tised on both IPv4 and IPv6. <type> Contains the DNS-SD service type for this service. e.g. "_http._tcp". <subtype> Contains an additional DNS-SD service subtype for this service. e.g. "_anon._sub._ftp._tcp". <domain-name> The domain name this service should be registered. If omited defaults to the default domain of the avahi daemon. (probably .local) <host-name> The host name of the host that provides this service. This should be a host that is resolvable by multicast or unicast DNS. Please note that you need to specify a fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) here, i.e. .local is not appended implicitly! The host name doesn't need to be part of the domain specified in <domain-name>. See avahi.hosts(5) for more information how to publish additional host name mappings. <port> The IP port number the service listens on. <txt-record> DNS-SD TXT record data. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-daemon(8), avahi.hosts(5) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi.service(5)