Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Not able to receive emails after job execution Post 302935440 by aaron8667 on Monday 16th of February 2015 03:58:39 PM
Old 02-16-2015
Not able to receive emails after job execution

Hi,

we've configured mail on DB2 data studio DSWC console. (gave mail relay server details) it used to work fine. like whenever we schedule backup jobs from DB2 side, we used to get emails after job completion.

for some reason, it stopped working now.

Please see the below info messges from mail/syslogs on AIX.

Code:
 Feb 16 15:25:00 aixhost mail:info sendmail[12121]: t1DE4Jmo26017794: to=<myemail@example.com>, delay=3+06:20:41, xdelay=00:01:15, mailer=esmtp, pri=14252015, relay=example.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Name server: example.com.: host name lookup failure
Feb 16 15:25:00 aixhost mail:info sendmail[12121]: t1DE69Rl23986378: to=<myemail@example.com>, delay=3+06:18:51, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=14252017, relay=example.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Name server: example.com. : host name lookup failure

Code:
aixhost# mailq

/var/spool/mqueue (8 requests)
----Q-ID---- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient------------
tdfdfvdfvd146666     1701 Fri Feb 16 09:04 <Data_Studio@aixhost>
                 (Deferred: Name server: example.com.: host name lookup failure)
                                         <myemail@example.com>
t1dfvdfv98564445    1712 Fri Feb 16 09:06 <Data_Studio@aixhost>
                 (Deferred: Name server: example.com.: host name lookup failure)

Note: we never gave the mail/relay server details on this particular aixhost. even though, i used to receive emails from data studio.

And we actually gave mail/relay server details in data studio console. mail server is "mailhost.net" ; but logs showing that realy=example.com

please provide your suggestions.

Thank you

Last edited by aaron8667; 02-16-2015 at 05:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of job in cron

Hi I have a file say xyz.sh, whose contents are as follows : *************************** #! /bin/ksh set -x . /a.sh . /b.sh . /c.sh ***************************** Now will this execute all the three process simultaneously or sequentially? If it will process simultaneously, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Job execution through Xming

Hello, Every evening I run few shell scripts on AIX Production Box, One shell script takes about one hour to complete and does some DB updation and application processing etc. The shell scripts are getting launched from prompt and not through cron or any scheduler as they require some manual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Configuring POSTFIX to receive emails only from localhost

Hello, I am new to POSTFIX. My manager has asked me to configure POSTFIX running on a server to accept mail only from itself(localhost). Can someone tell me how I can go about doing this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confirm job execution

Hello everybody, Can anybody tell me how do we comfirm the execution of a scheduled job ? In other words, how do I know whether my scheduled script is being executed or not ? Thanks Jitu JK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10.5 perl and cron job execution problem

Hi, I want to run a crontab job on solaris 10.5. I have configured the crontab accordingly 10 * * * * /scripts/dbalter.pl >> /scripts/cronout.txt However this does not work .Then I go to /var/mail/root and find an error in the output: From root@myserver Wed Feb 4 17:02:00 2009... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job Execution in Parallel and Maintain Dependency

All, We need to run multiple jobs in parallel with the dependencies intact. I was trying to use the same with &, but in vain. Is there is any other way to resolve this issue. I need to run Set1 A.sh B.sh C.sh Set2 D.sh E.sh Set3 F.sh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand_msm
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel Job Execution

Hi All, At present I am using a UNIX Script which is running a set of JOBS. These JOBS are to be repeated for 20 times, means the same set of JOBS are repeated by just passing different arguments (From 1 to 20). Is there any way by which I can execute them parallel? At present its all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashantckc
4 Replies

8. Programming

Is it possible to receive emails from my computer?

Could someone help me receive emails sent to my ip address with a c program? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Job execution using crontab

Hi All, I am facing a problem with crontab.I made an entry in crontab like this 05 07 * * * /afs2/cdwfullacc/current/exe/cdw_generate_special_klant.sh > /afs2/cdwfullacc/current/scratch/cdw_gen_cron.log But job was not getting executed. Entry in crontab was made with same user by whom... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with CRON job

HI, I have written an executable file in unix and I was able to execute it successfully but when I called this file with cron job it was giving error like "permission denied" and "No such file or directory". Please help in how cron calls the file and what permission is required on the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipin kumar rai
2 Replies
qmail-remote(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   qmail-remote(8)

NAME
qmail-remote - send mail via SMTP SYNOPSIS
qmail-remote host sender recip [ recip ... ] DESCRIPTION
qmail-remote reads a mail message from its input and sends the message to one or more recipients at a remote host. The remote host is qmail-remote's first argument, host. qmail-remote sends the message to host, or to a mail exchanger for host listed in the Domain Name System, via the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). host can be either a fully-qualified domain name: silverton.berkeley.edu or an IP address enclosed in brackets: [128.32.183.163] The envelope recipient addresses are listed as recip arguments to qmail-remote. The envelope sender address is listed as sender. Note that qmail-remote does not take options and does not follow the getopt standard. TRANSPARENCY
End-of-file in SMTP is encoded as dot CR LF. A dot at the beginning of a line is encoded as dot dot. It is impossible in SMTP to send a message that does not end with a newline. qmail-remote converts the UNIX newline convention into the SMTP newline convention by inserting CR before each LF. It is a violation of the SMTP protocol to send a message that contains long lines or non-ASCII characters. However, qmail-remote will hap- pily send such messages. It is the user's responsibility to avoid generating illegal messages. RESULTS
qmail-remote prints some number of recipient reports, followed by a message report. Each report is terminated by a 0 byte. Each report begins with a single letter: r Recipient report: acceptance. h Recipient report: permanent rejection. s Recipient report: temporary rejection. K Message report: success. host has taken responsibility for delivering the message to each acceptable recipient. Z Message report: temporary failure. D Message report: permanent failure. After this letter comes a human-readable description of what happened. The recipient reports will always be printed in the same order as qmail-remote's recip arguments. Note that in failure cases there may be fewer recipient reports than recip arguments. qmail-remote always exits zero. CONTROL FILES
helohost Current host name, for use solely in saying hello to the remote SMTP server. Default: me, if that is supplied; otherwise qmail-remote refuses to run. smtproutes Artificial SMTP routes. Each route has the form domain:relay, without any extra spaces. If domain matches host, qmail-remote will connect to relay, as if host had relay as its only MX. (It will also avoid doing any CNAME lookups on recip.) host may include a colon and a port number to use instead of the normal SMTP port, 25: inside.af.mil:firewall.af.mil:26 relay may be empty; this tells qmail-remote to look up MX records as usual. smtproutes may include wildcards: .af.mil: :heaven.af.mil Here any address ending with .af.mil (but not af.mil itself) is routed by its MX records; any other address is artificially routed to heaven.af.mil. The qmail system does not protect you if you create an artificial mail loop between machines. However, you are always safe using smt- proutes if you do not accept mail from the network. timeoutconnect Number of seconds qmail-remote will wait for the remote SMTP server to accept a connection. Default: 60. The kernel normally imposes a 75-second upper limit. timeoutremote Number of seconds qmail-remote will wait for each response from the remote SMTP server. Default: 1200. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-control(5), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8), qmail-tcpok(8), qmail-tcpto(8) qmail-remote(8)