Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Changing date time will cause the X11 restart Post 302935394 by disedorgue on Monday 16th of February 2015 09:22:19 AM
Old 02-16-2015
Hi,
Maybe it's a expiration session time due to change date time...

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Time and date on Virtual server

Hello Everyone I am running a Sunos 5.10 Generic_138888-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise machine with more than one virtual servers are on this box. My question is possable to change the date and time on the virtual server without change the time on the main server? Thanks Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

5. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding time to date time in UNIX shell scipting

I needed some help in adding a duration (in seconds) to a start time (in hhmmss format) and a start date (in mmddyy format) in order to get an end date and end time. The concept of a leap year is also to be considered while incrementing the day. The code/ function that I have formed so far is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codehelp04
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Touch - changing date and time

Hi, I am facing a problem with the command - TOUCH on Linux. See the example below: File on Linux: rw-rw-r-- user1 user1 Jan 01 09:00 test.txt The file - test.txt was created by the user - user1. Now, I want to change the date and time, but using other user - user2 The user2... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

NTPD service restart and time synch

I am using ntpd service to sync our RHEL 5.9 system to synch with GPS clock. When I change the RHEL system time more than 7 seconds than the present system time (through "Datetime" command), ntpd service does not adjust the system time to the present GPS time.But if the time is with in 7 seconds,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Changing CSV files with date . Subtracting date by values

Hi All, I have a CSV file which is as below. Basically I need to take the year column in it and find if the year is >= 20152 . If that is then I should subtract all values by 6. In the below example in description I am having number mentioned as YYWW so I need to subtract those by -5. Whereever... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies
SHADOW(5)                                                  File Formats and Conversions                                                  SHADOW(5)

NAME
shadow - shadowed password file DESCRIPTION
shadow is a file which contains the password information for the system's accounts and optional aging information. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains 9 fields, separated by colons (":"), in the following order: login name It must be a valid account name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, the user will not be able to use a unix password to log in (but the user may log in the system by other means). This field may be empty, in which case no passwords are required to authenticate as the specified login name. However, some applications which read the /etc/shadow file may decide not to permit any access at all if the password field is empty. A password field which starts with an exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. date of last password change The date of the last password change, expressed as the number of days since Jan 1, 1970. The value 0 has a special meaning, which is that the user should change her password the next time she will log in the system. An empty field means that password aging features are disabled. minimum password age The minimum password age is the number of days the user will have to wait before she will be allowed to change her password again. An empty field and value 0 mean that there are no minimum password age. maximum password age The maximum password age is the number of days after which the user will have to change her password. After this number of days is elapsed, the password may still be valid. The user should be asked to change her password the next time she will log in. An empty field means that there are no maximum password age, no password warning period, and no password inactivity period (see below). If the maximum password age is lower than the minimum password age, the user cannot change her password. password warning period The number of days before a password is going to expire (see the maximum password age above) during which the user should be warned. An empty field and value 0 mean that there are no password warning period. password inactivity period The number of days after a password has expired (see the maximum password age above) during which the password should still be accepted (and the user should update her password during the next login). After expiration of the password and this expiration period is elapsed, no login is possible using the current user's password. The user should contact her administrator. An empty field means that there are no enforcement of an inactivity period. account expiration date The date of expiration of the account, expressed as the number of days since Jan 1, 1970. Note that an account expiration differs from a password expiration. In case of an account expiration, the user shall not be allowed to login. In case of a password expiration, the user is not allowed to login using her password. An empty field means that the account will never expire. The value 0 should not be used as it is interpreted as either an account with no expiration, or as an expiration on Jan 1, 1970. reserved field This field is reserved for future use. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shadow Secure user account information. /etc/shadow- Backup file for /etc/shadow. Note that this file is used by the tools of the shadow toolsuite, but not by all user and password management tools. SEE ALSO
chage(1), login(1), passwd(1), passwd(5), pwck(8), pwconv(8), pwunconv(8), su(1), sulogin(8). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 SHADOW(5)