Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No output from awk command
Operating Systems Solaris No output from awk command Post 302935375 by disedorgue on Monday 16th of February 2015 04:56:51 AM
Old 02-16-2015
Hi,
In awk, Begin body is execute before file reading, so no fields is setting at this moment.

Regards.
This User Gave Thanks to disedorgue For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in output from awk command

Hi I have tried this command cat /etc/passwd | awk -F: '{print$5}' note that the $5 is the column that displays full name- i.e. Kevin Kambell To the point, my output is fine except one thing I do not understand that some of output lines have space in front of them which I checked in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Output with AWK command

Hi - I have a file with contents as below. 12.1 a.txt 12.1 b.txt 12.1 c.txt 13.2 a.txt 13.2 d.txt 14.3 f.txt 15.4 a.txt 15.4 b.txt 15.4 z.txt I need to print the contents like this. 12.1 a.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>b.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
7 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command : To print the output to a file

half of the problem is already solved with the help of bartus11 suggestion I have a txt file having rows and coulmns, i want to perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line. 50.000000 1 1 1 1000.00000 1000.00000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

taking the output of awk command to a new file

cat doc | nawk -v da="${date}" '$23>199 {print $0 > "doc"+da+".txt"}' Every time(need to run every day) i run this, i want to a create a new file "doc_01 Aug.txt". Basically, i want to create a new file with date appended in it. The above command is creating a file with name "0".... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagar11
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output in AWK command

hi Friends , I have a file as below s.txt 1~2~~4 2~6~~7 3~8~~9 t.txt 1~2~~4 2~5~8~7 3~8~~7 header for both files is common (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of Awk command for output

Hi Experts, I have a Text file generated as below; <NAME> NEW#<technicalName><TAB> <Version> OLD#<technicalName><TAB> <Version> e.g. CH_PPV_AUDIT_DISTRIBUTOR NEW#EL_CFG_FTP_DISTRIBUTOR 2.1.0.upc2 OLD#EL_CFG_FTP_DISTRIBUTOR 2.1.0.upc1... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of awk to filter out the command output

Hi All, I am trying to find out number of cores present for hp-ux server from the output of print_manifest (as shown below). i suppose awk will be best tool to use for filtering. output of print_manifest is : System Hardware Model: ia64 hp Integrity Virtual Partition ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different output for awk command on Linux & HP-UX

I am using an awk command to extract a particular portion of a string. Below is the command and its output on a Linux system: oracle@host1:/tmp (/home/oracle) $uname -a Linux host1 2.6.32-279.39.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 15 05:38:26 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to awk command

Hi Team(Solaris 5.8/Ksh), How can we save grep output to awk variable when grep returns more than one line or word. abc.log # more abc.log Hi Makarand How r u bye Makarand Hello when grep returns only 1 word below command works nawk -v var=`cat abc.log |grep "Hello"` 'BEGIN { if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
6 Replies
LaTeXML::Stomach(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     LaTeXML::Stomach(3pm)

NAME
"LaTeXML::Stomach" - digests tokens into boxes, lists, etc. DESCRIPTION
"LaTeXML::Stomach" digests tokens read from a LaTeXML::Gullet (they will have already been expanded). There are basically four cases when digesting a LaTeXML::Token: A plain character is simply converted to a LaTeXML::Box (or LaTeXML::MathBox in math mode), recording the current LaTeXML::Font. A primitive If a control sequence represents LaTeXML::Primitive, the primitive is invoked, executing its stored subroutine. This is typically done for side effect (changing the state in the LaTeXML::State), although they may also contribute digested material. As with macros, any arguments to the primitive are read from the LaTeXML::Gullet. Grouping (or environment bodies) are collected into a LaTeXML::List. Constructors A special class of control sequence, called a LaTeXML::Constructor produces a LaTeXML::Whatsit which remembers the control sequence and arguments that created it, and defines its own translation into "XML" elements, attributes and data. Arguments to a constructor are read from the gullet and also digested. Digestion "$list = $stomach->digestNextBody;" Return the digested LaTeXML::List after reading and digesting a `body' from the its Gullet. The body extends until the current level of boxing or environment is closed. "$list = $stomach->digest($tokens);" Return the LaTeXML::List resuting from digesting the given tokens. This is typically used to digest arguments to primitives or constructors. "@boxes = $stomach->invokeToken($token);" Invoke the given (expanded) token. If it corresponds to a Primitive or Constructor, the definition will be invoked, reading any needed arguments fromt he current input source. Otherwise, the token will be digested. A List of Box's, Lists, Whatsit's is returned. "@boxes = $stomach->regurgitate;" Removes and returns a list of the boxes already digested at the current level. This peculiar beast is used by things like choose (which is a Primitive in TeX, but a Constructor in LaTeXML). Grouping "$stomach->bgroup;" Begin a new level of binding by pushing a new stack frame, and a new level of boxing the digested output. "$stomach->egroup;" End a level of binding by popping the last stack frame, undoing whatever bindings appeared there, and also decrementing the level of boxing. "$stomach->begingroup;" Begin a new level of binding by pushing a new stack frame. "$stomach->endgroup;" End a level of binding by popping the last stack frame, undoing whatever bindings appeared there. Modes "$stomach->beginMode($mode);" Begin processing in $mode; one of 'text', 'display-math' or 'inline-math'. This also begins a new level of grouping and switches to a font appropriate for the mode. "$stomach->endMode($mode);" End processing in $mode; an error is signalled if $stomach is not currently in $mode. This also ends a level of grouping. AUTHOR
Bruce Miller <bruce.miller@nist.gov> COPYRIGHT
Public domain software, produced as part of work done by the United States Government & not subject to copyright in the US. perl v5.10.1 2009-06-11 LaTeXML::Stomach(3pm)