Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Split Every Line In Txt Into Separate Txt File, Named Same As The Line Post 302935367 by anbu23 on Monday 16th of February 2015 03:29:32 AM
Old 02-16-2015
Code:
awk ' { print > $0".txt" } ' file.txt

This User Gave Thanks to anbu23 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read last line of a txt file?

I need to read the last file for a particular day, such as, "Jun 13" because the CSV file is cumulative for the entire day, so I don't want all the previous files, I just want the last file, for that day. I ran an 'ls -al | grep "June 13" > myLs.txt' (simplified) to list all files from that day.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need to read the last line in a txt file

i'm a beginner in shell and i have a txt file that is updating every second or msec so i need a program to read the last line of this txt file is this possible to do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: _-_shadow_-_
5 Replies

3. Programming

Reading a particular line from a .txt file

Hi, I have a .txt file which contains the x, y and z co-ordinates of particles which I am trying to cast for a particular compound. The no. of particles present is of the order of 2 billion and hence the size of the text file is of the order of a few Gigabytes. The particles have been casted layer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugga
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed script to print each line to a separate named file

I have a large 3479 line .csv file, the content of which looks likes this: 1;0;177;170;Guadeloupe;x 2;127;171;179;Antigua and Barbuda;x 3;170;144;2;Umpqua;x 4;170;126;162;Coos Bay;x ... 1205;46;2;244;Unmak Island;x 1206;47;2;248;Yunaska Island;x 1207;0;2;240;north sea;x... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalelovil
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count per line in txt file

In a txt file called, eso.txt, I have: ...... 3 where process_status_flag = 70 and LISTENER_ID in (930.00, 931.00, 932.00, 933.00, 934.00) 4 group by LISTENER_ID 5 order by LISTENER_ID; LISTENER COUNT ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing Line in Txt File

So I have a python program that I run, which runs accordingly to options I have listed in a text file (ie user_prefs). Now there are many options listed in this user_prefs.txt, but the one of most interest to me is that of the file path of the time series. I have over a hundred of these time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch line in txt file

Hi I have problem with replace line in txt file , I have this string: 144185 DISK Piece qqr8ot6l_1_1 -- 144186 DISK Piece ukr8pf2e_1_1 -- 144187 DISK Piece ter8p9gc_1_1 -- 144188 DISK Piece 4er8qb84_1_1 and (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: primo102
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash incert line from 1.txt to 2.txt

i would like to insert a line from 2.txt into 1.txt between " and " or a way of adding to the end of each line " _01_ and have the numbers correspond to the line # 1.txt= foofoo "" _01_ foofoo "" _02_ foofoo "" _03_ foofoo "" _04_ 2.txt= ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klein
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split a txt file on the basis of line number

I have to split a file containing 100 lines to 5 files say from lines ,1-20 ,21-30 ,31-40 ,51-60 ,61-100 Here is i can do it for 2 file but how to handle it for more than 2 files awk 'NR < 21{ print >> "a"; next } {print >> "b" }' $input_file Please advidse. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)