Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Questions about remote access and install USB devices. Post 302935349 by wyx2000 on Sunday 15th of February 2015 12:27:17 PM
Old 02-15-2015
Thanks for quick reply.

What I tried to do is connect to the host server's GUI, the openindiana. Not tried to connect to any VM.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

USB Devices

I am trying to get a flash card reader to work with my machine. My question is, are all of my USB ports screwed up? Do I need to buy a seperate USB controller? I does not appear that the onboard USB ports work. In trying to get it to work, I typed cat /proc/scsi/scsi and got this: # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidkretsch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

disableing my USB devices using a script

hi guys I would like to disable my USB devices using a shell script(Linux machine) i.e(hoteplug,kernelpcmciacs,pcmciacs) Kindly suggest me at the earliest Thnks in advance regards ash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to enumerate USB Mass Storage devices?

Hi all, I want to write a program in C that can enumerate all USB massand their mount point storage on my system. i want to give ability to copy one file to desired USB mass storage or read a file from it. I have posted another question about how can recieve USB arrival in this forum. I think... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aghashahi
0 Replies

4. Linux

Can USB Devices Be Exported Over a Network?

While I know that it's possible to use something like SANE to share a USB scanner over a network, or use NBD or iSCSI to share a USB flash or external HD over the network, I've been wondering about a raw USB <--> TCP/IP transport. Back in the late 90s, I swear I remember hearing about a project... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 usb stick -> 2 mounted devices

Hello, i am using a solaris thinclient that tries to connecting to a terminalserver. (RDP) Everything works fine, but the usb redirection. If i put in a usb stick i always get 2 usb-drives mounted. If i look in /tmp/SUNWut/mnt/<name of the host> i see 2 devices. One with the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anarcy
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

How to disable USB for storage devices in Suse?

Hello folks, for some confidential reason, I need to disable the USB to access the storage devices in Suse11.2, but I still need two USB for the mouse and keyboard. Anyone knows? Thanks a lot in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnsxhj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting questions, remote access

Hi, Background: There are 2 servers server1 and server2 In server1 i have my script to perform a functionality from the script in server1 i m calling a script named action in server2. The script action has to check the size of a file in a particular location in server1, if the size of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayii
1 Replies
Net.connect(3kaya)					       Kaya module reference						Net.connect(3kaya)

NAME
Net::connect - Connect to a server SYNOPSIS
NetHandle connect( Protocol proto, String server, Int port, Bool usetls=false, [String] certfiles=[] ) ARGUMENTS
proto The network protocol to use server The hostname or IP address of the server to connect to (e.g. service.example.com , localhost or 192.168.20.25 ) port The network port to connect to usetls If this is true, and the TLS library is available, then the connection will be encrypted. This parameter may be omitted and defaults to false. certs An optional list of certificate files for TLS encrypted connections. Each file should contain one or more PEM-encoded certificates for a trusted certification authority. If this list is empty (the default), no certificate verification will be performed on encrypted con- nections, which is insecure. DESCRIPTION
Connect to a server (optionally using TLS). Returns a connection handle. AUTHORS
Kaya standard library by Edwin Brady, Chris Morris and others (kaya@kayalang.org). For further information see http://kayalang.org/ LICENSE
The Kaya standard library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (version 2.1 or any later version) as published by the Free Software Foundation. RELATED
Net.NetHandle(3kaya) Net.Protocol(3kaya) Net.closeConnection(3kaya) Net.recv(3kaya) Net.shutdown(3kaya) Net.send(3kaya) Kaya October 2012 Net.connect(3kaya)