Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to find the used memory in HP-UX? Post 302935343 by ssk250 on Sunday 15th of February 2015 09:50:07 AM
Old 02-15-2015
How to find the used memory in HP-UX?

Hi all,

Can any please provide how to calculate the cpu and memory usage of HP-UX server.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to find memory used by a process

Hi, Can anyone help me out in writing the shell scrip which monitors a process which is running and gives me the output of the memory being used by the process, I have the requirement of monitorig the memory usage of the process when it is running. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayagiri
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to find memory capacity.

Hi, In Sun solaris o/s how can i find the memory space available,Swap space. By giving df command i can get the disc space. I want RAM space & swap space. If anybody assist me.that is great. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find the memory in HP-Unix?

Hi, I have a HP-Unix server, version B.11.23. Can someone tell me how to find out the physical memory & virtual memory (swap) in my server? & what is Page fault? & is there any limitation for page fault? Thank you. Your help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to find 8 gb of memory

I 've one box with 16gb of RAM and top, vmstat showing 8712M free , i 'm unable to find which process is eating up rest of the memory , the system is not running anything at the moment. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
14 Replies

6. Red Hat

how to find out free memory?

hi, I have done the below, but am confused as to how much memory is "free" please help thanks $ free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 132033488 48827536 83205952 0 1007696 45404632 -/+ buffers/cache: 2415208 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
7 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Find defective ram memory

How do I find if I have defective ram in my computer. I don't have a cd-rom, so I can't use a bootable cd. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to find AIX Free Memory?

All, AIX: 6.1 64 bits How to find out Free memory available on AIX 6.1 64 bits When I used : svmon -G size inuse free pin virtual mmode memory 1048576 612109 191151 215969 549824 Ded-E pg space 4325376 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find memory usage along with time

Hi Guys, I have a script. It calls an executable inside (programmed in C). I will have to find the execution time of that script and amount of memory consumed by that process as well. #!/bin/sh echo "Script starting" echo "executable staring" executable parm1 parm2 parm3 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find out the memory usage in Solaris?

Hi All, In one of the solaris box aslert got triggered as ... (Used_Real_Mem_Pct=93.0 Used_Swap_Space_Pct=75.0 )] when i see the usage by vmstat and sar i am not able to relate the alert with the free memory and swap memory please help to understand the vmstat output as below.. kthr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies
DRAWTERM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DRAWTERM(1)

NAME
drawterm - connect to Plan 9 CPU servers from other operating systems SYNOPSIS
drawterm [-d] [-a authserver] [-c cpuserver] [-e encription_hash_algs] [-k keyspec] [-s secstoreserver] [-u username] [-C command args ...] DESCRIPTION
drawterm is not a Plan 9 program. It is a program that users of non-Plan 9 systems can use to establish graphical cpu(1) connections with Plan 9 CPU servers. Just as a real Plan 9 terminal does, a drawterm serves its local name space as well as some devices (the keyboard, mouse, and screen) to a remote CPU server, which mounts this name space on /mnt/term and starts a shell. Typically, either explicitly or via the profile, one uses the shell to start rio(1). By default, drawterm uses the CPU server $cpu or cpu, and the authentication server $auth or auth, OPTIONS
This program follows the syntax of the cpu(1) Plan 9 command. A summary of options is included below. -h Show summary of options. -a Specifies the authentication server to use. If not present uses the $auth environment variable, if present, or tries with a host name of auth. -c Specifies the cpu server to use. If not present uses the $cpu environment variable, if present, or tries with a host name of cpu. -u Specifies the username to authenticate with. If not present uses the $USER environment variable, if present, or asks interactively for an username. -s Specifies the secstore server to use. -C Specifies a command to be executed remotely. -e,-k Allow for selecting the hash algorithm and keys used, they have the same meaning as in cpu(1). SOURCE
In Plan 9 distributions, /sys/src/cmd/unix/drawterm. DIAGNOSTICS
Drawterm prints most diagnostics in its own window. BUGS
Although at first drawterm may seem like a Plan 9 terminal, in fact it is just a way to provide a CPU server with some terminal devices. The difference is important because one cannot run terminal-resident programs when using drawterm. The illusion can be improved by deli- cate adjustments in /usr/$user/lib/profile. Should import latest /dev/draw to allow resize of window Should copy 9term code and make console window a real 9term window instead. Should implement /dev/label. SEE ALSO
cpu(1), rio(1) in the Plan 9 documentation AUTHOR
drawterm was written by Russ Cox <rsc@swtch.com>. This manual page was written by Russ Cox <rsc@swtch.com>, with modifications by Martin Ferrari <tincho@debian.org> for the Debian project. October 16, 2008 DRAWTERM(1)