Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Questions about remote access and install USB devices. Post 302935322 by wyx2000 on Sunday 15th of February 2015 01:36:41 AM
Old 02-15-2015
Questions about remote access and install USB devices.

I have a server running openindiana, it hosts virtualbox and several VMs on it.

My first question is if I can run openindiana desktop from my windows on same network, now I am using XWin server under cygwin-X, I can run GUI of VirtualBox etc. but can I have the openindiana desktop show on my windows, since I don't much about unix command.

Another question is how should I install USB devices, Windows has plug and play, when I plug in a USB device, Windows will install and show the device, but when I plug a USB device on openindiana, I don't see it reacts in anyway and I am not sure where I can make it install the new USB device, what I really want is a way to have the USB device show in a VM on VirtualBbox.

Thanks, please help

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

USB Devices

I am trying to get a flash card reader to work with my machine. My question is, are all of my USB ports screwed up? Do I need to buy a seperate USB controller? I does not appear that the onboard USB ports work. In trying to get it to work, I typed cat /proc/scsi/scsi and got this: # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidkretsch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

disableing my USB devices using a script

hi guys I would like to disable my USB devices using a shell script(Linux machine) i.e(hoteplug,kernelpcmciacs,pcmciacs) Kindly suggest me at the earliest Thnks in advance regards ash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to enumerate USB Mass Storage devices?

Hi all, I want to write a program in C that can enumerate all USB massand their mount point storage on my system. i want to give ability to copy one file to desired USB mass storage or read a file from it. I have posted another question about how can recieve USB arrival in this forum. I think... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aghashahi
0 Replies

4. Linux

Can USB Devices Be Exported Over a Network?

While I know that it's possible to use something like SANE to share a USB scanner over a network, or use NBD or iSCSI to share a USB flash or external HD over the network, I've been wondering about a raw USB <--> TCP/IP transport. Back in the late 90s, I swear I remember hearing about a project... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 usb stick -> 2 mounted devices

Hello, i am using a solaris thinclient that tries to connecting to a terminalserver. (RDP) Everything works fine, but the usb redirection. If i put in a usb stick i always get 2 usb-drives mounted. If i look in /tmp/SUNWut/mnt/<name of the host> i see 2 devices. One with the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anarcy
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

How to disable USB for storage devices in Suse?

Hello folks, for some confidential reason, I need to disable the USB to access the storage devices in Suse11.2, but I still need two USB for the mouse and keyboard. Anyone knows? Thanks a lot in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnsxhj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting questions, remote access

Hi, Background: There are 2 servers server1 and server2 In server1 i have my script to perform a functionality from the script in server1 i m calling a script named action in server2. The script action has to check the size of a file in a particular location in server1, if the size of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayii
1 Replies
cfengine(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       cfengine(8)

NAME
cfrun - Execute remote cfagents SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cfrun [options] DESCRIPTION
cfengine is a language based system specifically designed for testing and configuring unix-like systems attached to a TCP/IP network. cfrun is a tool for executing one or more remote agents; it contacts the cfservd daemon running on a remote host, which (in turn) starts an authorized agent. Cfrun cannot be used to send instructions to a remote agent, but it can be used to flag certain aspects to the agent's existing policy for special attention.. The command line options for cfrun are slightly unusual. They are separated into three sections: options to the cfrun program, options to the remote cfagent (with some security restrictions) and finally classes or flags to the remote agent. EXAMPLES
cfrun specialhost1 specialhost2 -- --verbose -- solaris In this example, we contact hosts specialhost1 specialhost2 by name, and ask them to execute cfagent with the --verbose flag, if the class solaris is not defined. cfrun specialhost1 --verbose -- -- solaris In this example the verbose flag is sent to cfrun rather than to the remote agent. No options are sent to the remote agents. The class specifier is sent to all the agents so that they may determine whether they fulfill the required class membership for execution. The default behaviour is to execute cfagent serially on all hosts listed in the cfrun.hosts file. FILES
cfrun read a configuration file cfrun.hosts which must contain a list of every potentially contactable host. AUTHOR
Mark Burgess, Oslo University College INFORMATION
http://www.cfengine.org Maintenance Commands cfengine(8)