Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to convert number to english? Post 302935309 by disedorgue on Saturday 14th of February 2015 05:27:59 PM
Old 02-14-2015
Hi,
With bash, it's more easy to use array,example ($ in begin line is my prompt):
Code:
$ nblexical=("zero" "first" "second" "third")
$ nb=2
$ echo ${nblexical[$nb]} 
second

Regard.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert ip address to ip number

I want to make a script to read a list of ip addresses from a file then convert those ip addresses to ip number. ip number is made by removing the dots then transfer to a number , so the ip number transfered to binary then to decimal which will represents the ip number 0 : 4294967295 Also I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: moutaz1983
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert English text file to ASCII File?

file abc abc: English text I want to convert the above into file abc file: ascii text (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laknar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to convert number in hexadecimal

hi , i need a script to convert number into hexadecimal base for example: 237=>ED it s very important for me thank you in advance for you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert e+ to number

Hi, I am using awk to get particular dates in seconds and the output am getting is like 1.28071e+09. How can I convert it to number format. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance..! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert english to chinese

Hi Experts, Can anyone help me to convert a english input into chinese in a bash script. help would be highly appreciable. thanks, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
3 Replies

6. Programming

SED - how do I convert a decimal number to asterisk

Hi, My animal ID's have two zeros in them and are also converting to asterisk. I only need to change the zero values in columns two and three. I would appreciate any help. This is my data structure: head phendata.txt 201008809 0.0 0.0 201008810 0.0 0.0 201008813 0.0 0.0 201014103... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lel7lel7
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert number

friends as I can convert this value to number in this example it is well but can vary the value does not help me cut from a nesecito espefifica opsiocn get zero CantCabe = 00023 Cant = 23 CantPntCabe = 0000000000000034 CantPnt = 34 if && ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string number to a integer

I have data as below "ROWS merge process complete. thousand rows changed" I need to get a variable assigned the value of 1000. I mean convert the string thousand to 1000. Any help or pointer. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a String to a Number

I read in two numbers from a user but the number is a string. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter first number: " num1 read -p "Enter second number: " num2 I know you can use the the "expr" or "bc" command to automatically convert the string to a number then add them together. But I don't want to add... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert floating point to a number

Hello Guys, I have a floating point number 1.14475E+15 I want to convert this number in to full number (Integer or Big integer). I tried couple of functions it did not work. When I use INT=${FLOAT/.*} I am getting value as 1. I don't want a truncated value #!/bin/bash #... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
9 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)