Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Yesterday in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Yesterday in UNIX Post 302935212 by chaima.trimeche on Friday 13th of February 2015 12:29:31 PM
Old 02-13-2015
Question Yesterday in UNIX

Hi,
I want to set a cron job with the yesterday date in a unix server (solaris).
  • I tried TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d but i had TZ=CST+24: not found
  • I tried `perl -mPOSIX -e 'print POSIX::strftime("%Y%m%d",localtime(time() - 86400)) '` it works but I'm not sure that all the clients have perl in their machines.
  • date -v and date -d don't work only -u and -a options work with date in unix:
    date: illegal option -- d
    usage: date [-u] mmddHHMM[[cc]yy][.SS]
    date [-u] [+format]
    date -a [-]sss[.fff]

Anyone has an idea please.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get yesterday's date?

Hello, using date, we can easily get today's date $ date +%y-%m-%d 06-12-08 is it possible for me to get yesterday's date using 'date', if not, is there any quick and easy way to do that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday

How to get the date before the current date on unix tru64? Today is 2008-02-27. I'll need 2008-02-26. Thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yesterday in i.e. May 09 and 05/09 format

I am not using GNU nor BSD. On AIX, how do you return yesterday in the format of i.e. "May 09" with a space. # `TZ=y380 date +%h""%d` >> May09 # `TZ=y380 date +%h" "%d` >> May I appreciate your help in advance. thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hello and I need help like in yesterday

I haven't been using linux very long( and when I say that its only been about 1 week for me) I was told to do the following: Create a Bash script that will copy all the files and subdirectories in one directory to a newly created directory. You may name the receiving directory anything you like.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reecygee
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday's date

I was playing to find a simple way to get yesterday's date, and came up with this (on an AIX 5.2 box): $ date Thu Feb 19 11:21:26 EST 2009 $ echo $TZ EST5EDT $ yesterday=`TZ=$(date +%Z)+24 date` $ echo $yesterday Wed Feb 18 16:21:52 GMT 2009 Why it is converted to GMT instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gratus
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday's date

curdate=$(date +"%d-%b-%y") How to get the yesterday's date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

yesterday date

HI All, I am trying so long to find the yesterday's date to run a script but i failed kinldy share the command to find yesterday's date in ksh i tried with date --date='1 day ago' but it displaying error your help will highly apeerciated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Yesterday

hi guys i want to know how can i insert in a variable yesterday for example : today=`date +%Y%m%d` yesterday =??? thanks a lot Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX cluster disk usage report generation for yesterday & today and email

HI Team, I am trying to create a shell script to generate a yesterday and today report to compare and email in daily basis. can you please help me on the same. #!/bin/bash #Author: ******************* #Description: This script will return the following set of system information: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
2 Replies
NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)

NAME
NetSDS::Util::DateTime - common date/time processing routines SYNOPSIS
use NetSDS::Util::DateTime; print "Current date: " . date_now(); DESCRIPTION
This package provides set of routines for date and time processing. EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
date_now_array([TIME]) Returns array of date items for given date. If source date is not set current date used. date_now([TIME]) Return [given] date as string. 2001-12-23 14:39:53 date_now_iso8601([TIME]) Return date as ISO 8601 string. 20011223T14:39:53Z <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601> http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime <http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime> date_strip(DATE) Trim miliseconds from date. date_date(DATE) Trim time part from date. date_time(DATE) Trim date part from date. time_from_string($string) Return parsed date/time structure. date_from_string($string) Return date from string representation. date_inc([INCREMENT, [TIME]]) Return date incremented with given number of seconds. date_inc_string([INCREMENT, [TIME]]) Return string representation of date incremented with given number of seconds. EXAMPLES
None yet BUGS
Unknown yet SEE ALSO
Date::Parse, Date::Format TODO
Import stuff from Wono project AUTHOR
Valentyn Solomko <val@pere.org.ua> Michael Bochkaryov <misha@rattler.kiev.ua> perl v5.12.4 2011-08-27 NetSDS::Util::DateTime(3pm)