Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing Double Quote in Double Quote incsv file Post 302935171 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 13th of February 2015 06:58:35 AM
Old 02-13-2015
Hello Shalani,

Welcome to forums, kindly use code tags for commands/codes/Inputs you are using in your posts, following may help in your query.
Code:
awk '{gsub(/\"\"/,"\"",$0);} 1' Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
""cd"abc","cde"gh"",fig"hi""

Thanks,
R. Singh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

double-quote inside double-quote

hey all, i made a simple .sh like this: echo "<style media="screen" type="text/css">@import url("main.css");</style>" but the output is: <style media=screen type=text/css>@import url(main.css);</style> i want to keep double-quotes, can anyone help me? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indraf
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the string after certain # of double quote

Could you please help in unix scripting for below scenario... In my input file, there might be a chance of having a string ( Ex:"99999") after 5th double quote for each record. I need to replace it with a space. Ex : Input : "abcdef","12345","99999","0986"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsairam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a quote in some lines with multiple quote fields

i want to replace mistaken quotes in line starting with tag 300 and relocate the quote in the correct position so the input is 223;25 224;20100428064823;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;8;1;3;9697;18744;;;;;;;;;;;; 300;X;Event:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wradwan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

double quote as the delimiter

I'm trying to extract a column from a csv file with either cut or awk but some of the fields contain comma with them: "Field1","Field2, additional info","Field3",...,"Field17",... If I want to extract column 3 and use comma as the delimiter, I'll actually get the additional info bit but not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting value between double quote

Can somebody supply me with a simple way to get a value between two double quotes? Example: input = ADR base is "/u01/app/oracle" output = /u01/app/oracle Thanks to all who answer (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quote filenames

Hi, I need to double quotes filenames in the following string: /tmp/*file1 /tmp/*file2 /tmp/*file3 /tmp/*file4I tried to do this using sed, but it double quotes every character :wall: $ echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double quotes with a single quote within a double quoted string

Hi Froum. I have tried in vain to find a solution for this problem - I'm trying to replace any double quotes within a quoted string with a single quote, leaving everything else as is. I have the following data: Before: ... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
32 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies
PPI::Token::Quote(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    PPI::Token::Quote(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Token::Quote - String quote abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Quote isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::Quote" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the four quote classes. In PPI, a "quote" is limited to only the quote-like things that themselves directly represent a string. (although this includes double quotes with interpolated elements inside them). The subclasses of "PPI::Token::Quote" are: '' - PPI::Token::Quote::Single "q{}" - PPI::Token::Quote::Literal "" - PPI::Token::Quote::Double "qq{}" - PPI::Token::Quote::Interpolate The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is here. See their respective pages for more details. Please note that although the here-doc does represent a literal string, it is such a nasty piece of work that in PPI it is given the honor of its own token class (PPI::Token::HereDoc). METHODS
string The "string" method is provided by all four ::Quote classes. It won't get you the actual literal Perl value, but it will strip off the wrapping of the quotes. # The following all return foo from the ->string method 'foo' "foo" q{foo} qq <foo> literal The "literal" method is provided by ::Quote:Literal and ::Quote::Single. This returns the value of the string as Perl sees it: without the quote marks and with "\" and "'" resolved to "" and "'". The "literal" method is not implemented by ::Quote::Double or ::Quote::Interpolate yet. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Quote(3pm)