Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function Post 302935142 by cero on Friday 13th of February 2015 03:27:59 AM
Old 02-13-2015
What does didn't work mean? You get wrong results or a syntax error? It works for me:
Code:
select * from
  (select decode(c.extent_management,'LOCAL','*',' ') || b.tablespace_name name,
         max(trunc((decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100)))) pct_max_used
    from (select sum(bytes)/1024 Kbytes_free,
                 max(bytes)/1024 largest,
                 tablespace_name
            from sys.dba_free_space
           group by tablespace_name, bytes) a,
         (select sum(bytes)/1024 Kbytes_alloc,
                 sum(maxbytes)/1024 Kbytes_max,
                 tablespace_name
            from sys.dba_data_files
           group by tablespace_name
          union all
          select sum(bytes)/1024 Kbytes_alloc,
                 sum(maxbytes)/1024 Kbytes_max,
                 tablespace_name
            from sys.dba_temp_files
           group by tablespace_name )b,
         dba_tablespaces c
   where a.tablespace_name (+) = b.tablespace_name
     and c.tablespace_name (+) = b.tablespace_name
   group by decode(c.extent_management,'LOCAL','*',' ') || b.tablespace_name
   order by pct_max_used desc)
 where rownum = 1

You have to use another layer of subquery because order by is applied last to the result set.
This User Gave Thanks to cero For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

entry in /etc/group too long - problem using sudo with %group

hi folks, I've been googling for quite some time, but still can't find anything near it...my problem is the following: for useradministration in our company we are using ssh/sudo, now whenever I try to add users (we have quite a number of users) with useradd -G groupname for secondary group I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poli
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute to GROUP BY function

Hi All, I really need a help on this thing. Most of us are aware about the group by function in Oracle. Do we have a substitute ( not necessarily a single line command) to it in Unix? Let me put it this way. I have a file whose content is like file1-: ID1,ID2,ID3,ID4,ID5 1,2,3,123,5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How many user can be added to single group

Hi There, How many user can be added to a unix single group. I need this for unix and solaris. BRs -----Post Update----- I'm asking about secondary group and not primary group. All the users are having 8 character as their username. value is set for getconf LINE_MAX is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maestromani
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

is it possible to have a 1000 user in single group

I m usi ng RHEL 4 and /etc/group file contains line 7000 characters. so it is possible to have a 1000 user in single group (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

I have a file in the following format. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 adrf dfgr dfg 2 dfgr dfgr 3 dfef dfr fd 4 fgrt fgr fgg 5 fgrt fgr (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

Hi All I do have a file like this with 6 columns. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 1 12 26 289 3.2e-027 GCGTATGGCGGC 2 12 26 215 6.7e+006 TTCCACCTTTTG 3 9 26 175 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the file contents in each group....print the group title as well

I've this file and need to sort the data in each group File would look like this ... cat file1.txt Reason : ABC 12345-0023 32123-5400 32442-5333 Reason : DEF 42523-3453 23345-3311 Reason : HIJ 454553-0001 I would like to sort each group on the last 4 fileds and print them... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
11 Replies

8. AIX

Adding a Volume Group to an HACMP Resource Group?

Hi, I have a 2 node Cluster. Which is working in active/passive mode (i.e Node#1 is running and when it goes down the Node#2 takes over) Now there's this requirement that we need a mount point say /test that should be available in active node #1 and when node #1 goes down and node#2 takes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies
CREATE TABLE 
AS(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation CREATE TABLE AS(7) NAME
CREATE_TABLE_AS - define a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ [ GLOBAL | LOCAL ] { TEMPORARY | TEMP } | UNLOGGED ] TABLE table_name [ (column_name [, ...] ) ] [ WITH ( storage_parameter [= value] [, ... ] ) | WITH OIDS | WITHOUT OIDS ] [ ON COMMIT { PRESERVE ROWS | DELETE ROWS | DROP } ] [ TABLESPACE tablespace_name ] AS query [ WITH [ NO ] DATA ] DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLE AS creates a table and fills it with data computed by a SELECT command. The table columns have the names and data types associated with the output columns of the SELECT (except that you can override the column names by giving an explicit list of new column names). CREATE TABLE AS bears some resemblance to creating a view, but it is really quite different: it creates a new table and evaluates the query just once to fill the new table initially. The new table will not track subsequent changes to the source tables of the query. In contrast, a view re-evaluates its defining SELECT statement whenever it is queried. PARAMETERS
GLOBAL or LOCAL Ignored for compatibility. Use of these keywords is deprecated; refer to CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)) for details. TEMPORARY or TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)) for details. UNLOGGED If specified, the table is created as an unlogged table. Refer to CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)) for details. table_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. column_name The name of a column in the new table. If column names are not provided, they are taken from the output column names of the query. WITH ( storage_parameter [= value] [, ... ] ) This clause specifies optional storage parameters for the new table; see Storage Parameters for more information. The WITH clause can also include OIDS=TRUE (or just OIDS) to specify that rows of the new table should have OIDs (object identifiers) assigned to them, or OIDS=FALSE to specify that the rows should not have OIDs. See CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)) for more information. WITH OIDS, WITHOUT OIDS These are obsolescent syntaxes equivalent to WITH (OIDS) and WITH (OIDS=FALSE), respectively. If you wish to give both an OIDS setting and storage parameters, you must use the WITH ( ... ) syntax; see above. ON COMMIT The behavior of temporary tables at the end of a transaction block can be controlled using ON COMMIT. The three options are: PRESERVE ROWS No special action is taken at the ends of transactions. This is the default behavior. DELETE ROWS All rows in the temporary table will be deleted at the end of each transaction block. Essentially, an automatic TRUNCATE(7) is done at each commit. DROP The temporary table will be dropped at the end of the current transaction block. TABLESPACE tablespace_name The tablespace_name is the name of the tablespace in which the new table is to be created. If not specified, default_tablespace is consulted, or temp_tablespaces if the table is temporary. query A SELECT(7), TABLE, or VALUES(7) command, or an EXECUTE(7) command that runs a prepared SELECT, TABLE, or VALUES query. WITH [ NO ] DATA This clause specifies whether or not the data produced by the query should be copied into the new table. If not, only the table structure is copied. The default is to copy the data. NOTES
This command is functionally similar to SELECT INTO (SELECT_INTO(7)), but it is preferred since it is less likely to be confused with other uses of the SELECT INTO syntax. Furthermore, CREATE TABLE AS offers a superset of the functionality offered by SELECT INTO. Prior to PostgreSQL 8.0, CREATE TABLE AS always included OIDs in the table it created. As of PostgreSQL 8.0, the CREATE TABLE AS command allows the user to explicitly specify whether OIDs should be included. If the presence of OIDs is not explicitly specified, the default_with_oids configuration variable is used. As of PostgreSQL 8.1, this variable is false by default, so the default behavior is not identical to pre-8.0 releases. Applications that require OIDs in the table created by CREATE TABLE AS should explicitly specify WITH (OIDS) to ensure desired behavior. EXAMPLES
Create a new table films_recent consisting of only recent entries from the table films: CREATE TABLE films_recent AS SELECT * FROM films WHERE date_prod >= '2002-01-01'; To copy a table completely, the short form using the TABLE command can also be used: CREATE TABLE films2 AS TABLE films; Create a new temporary table films_recent, consisting of only recent entries from the table films, using a prepared statement. The new table has OIDs and will be dropped at commit: PREPARE recentfilms(date) AS SELECT * FROM films WHERE date_prod > $1; CREATE TEMP TABLE films_recent WITH (OIDS) ON COMMIT DROP AS EXECUTE recentfilms('2002-01-01'); COMPATIBILITY
CREATE TABLE AS conforms to the SQL standard. The following are nonstandard extensions: o The standard requires parentheses around the subquery clause; in PostgreSQL, these parentheses are optional. o In the standard, the WITH [ NO ] DATA clause is required; in PostgreSQL it is optional. o PostgreSQL handles temporary tables in a way rather different from the standard; see CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)) for details. o The WITH clause is a PostgreSQL extension; neither storage parameters nor OIDs are in the standard. o The PostgreSQL concept of tablespaces is not part of the standard. Hence, the clause TABLESPACE is an extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)), EXECUTE(7), SELECT(7), SELECT INTO (SELECT_INTO(7)), VALUES(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 CREATE TABLE AS(7)