Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Anyone like a challenge?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Anyone like a challenge? Post 302934896 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 11th of February 2015 07:48:45 PM
Old 02-11-2015
Given that the filenames contain the date and a sequence number within that date, I don't see the need for sorting by time in ls, and unless there are files in multiple directories, there is no need for find. Doesn't this do what you need?:
Code:
for lf in $(ls *.log.0??|tail -n 6);do printf '%s ' "$lf";tail -n 1 "$lf";done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X25 Address - A challenge...

Okay - I've been searching near and far for the answer to this seemly simple question..... how do I find the X25 address for a server. Is there some sort of dump or ping or even a config which would tell me the address. I can find nothing on the web and my colleagues can't help either. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

safeword challenge

Hi, there are some servers here at work which issue a Safeword challenge after I login. Can anyone tell me exactly how the challenge/response system works? In particular, how are the valid keys decided? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Challenge

I have the following text Microsoft iSCSI Initiator version 2.0 Build 3497 Targets List: iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-daef43402-138000002a4477ba-grsrv12-extra iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-986f43402-520000002b447951-exchange ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: netmedic
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement, challenge one!!!!

Hi all, Thanks in advanced. This question really bothered me much. What i want is to replace any times of repeated 'TB' to 'T', below is example. It can be fullfil by AWK and perl, but my desire is using SED to realize it. So here means we treat TB as a whole part, which means 's/TB*/T/'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed xml challenge

I have a web xml file that looks like this: <allinfo> <info> <a>Name1<\a> <b>address1<\b> <c>phone1<c> <\info> <info> <a>Name2<\a> <b>address2<\b> <c>phone2<c> <\info> <\allinfo> I want to use sed to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex challenge

Here's a regex substitution operation that has stumped me with sed: How do you convert lines like this: first.key ?{x.y.z} second.key ?{xa.ys.zz.s} third.key ?{xa.k} to: first.key ?{x_y_z} second.key ?{xa_ys_zz_s} third.key ?{xa_k} So i'm basically converting all the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Geo Weather Challenge

Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. A couple days ago I was trying to find a simple script that would return an individual's local weather conditions using I.P. based geolocation. After many failed search attempts, I began my quest to create this for myself. I have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS1 challenge

Ok then i Have a challenge for you : Give me PS1 so that it always display the least 2 levels of directory (except if i am above of course) I want it this way : so if i go to / /home/ /home/user /home/user/whatever /home/user/whatever1/whatever2 my PS1 should respectively... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
12 Replies

9. AIX

openssh connectivity challenge

Running a Power 5 Blade on AIX, with remote connectivity issues via putty. AIX V 6.1.00-02 openssh V5.2.0.5300 openssl V0.9.8.1103 Intermittent remote connections. Seems to connect every other time I try via my putty client. Using hosts.allow and hosts.deny to filter IP Addrss... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankM
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch Challenge

I've been given a directory full of subdirectories full of logfiles of the same name: /logfiles/day1/file1/blockednodes.csv day1-14 file1-48 The above is the actual directory structure for 14 days worth of a logfile that is generated every 30 minutes. It's been done this way to preserve the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
15 Replies
innoextract(1)						      General Commands Manual						    innoextract(1)

NAME
innoextract - tool to extract installers created by Inno Setup SYNOPSIS
innoextract [-behlLqstv] [-ccolor] [-pprogress] installers ... DESCRIPTION
innoextract is a tool that can extract installer executables created by Inno Setup. innoextract will extract files from a installers specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part installer with external data files, only the executable (.exe) file needs to be given as an argument to innoex- tract. OPTIONS
-c --color [enable] By default innoextract will try to detect if the terminal supports shell escape codes and enable or disable color output accord- ingly. Pass 1 or true to --color to force color output. Pass 0 or false to never output color codes. --dump Don't convert Windows paths to UNIX paths and don't substitute variables in paths. -e --extract Extract all files to the current directory. This is the default action. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -h --help Show a list of the supported options. --language [lang] Extract only language-independent files and files for the given language. By default all files are extracted. --license Show license information. -l --list List files contained in the installer but don't extract anything. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -L --lowercase Convert filenames stored in the installer to lower-case before extracting. -p --progress [enable] By default innoextract will try to detect if the terminal supports shell escape codes and enable or disable progress bar output accordingly. Pass 1 or true to --progress to force progress bar output. Pass 0 or false to never show a progress bar. -q --quiet Less verbose output. -s --silent Don't output anything except errors and warnings. -t --test Test archive integrity but don't write any output files. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -v --version Show the innoextract version number and supported Inno Setup versions. LIMITATIONS
innoextract currently only supports extracting all the data. There is no support for extracting individual files, components or languages. Included scripts and checks are not executed. Data is always extracted to the current directory and the mapping from Inno Setup variables like the application directory to subdirecto- ries is hard-coded. innoextract does not check if an installer includes multiple files with the same name and will continually overwrite the destination file when extracting. Names for data files in multi-file installers must follow the standard naming scheme. Encrypted installers are not supported. SEE ALSO
cabextract(1), unshield(1) BUGS
No known bugs. AUTHOR
Daniel Scharrer (daniel@constexpr.org) 1.2 2012-04-01 innoextract(1)