Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Projects in Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Projects in Solaris 10 Post 302934889 by os2mac on Wednesday 11th of February 2015 06:17:05 PM
Old 02-11-2015
NOTE: it's not persistant across a reboot. if you want the change to be permanent. you need to do projmod AND newtask.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix projects

I am currently studying to be a Unix programmer. I am at the very beginning stages taking an online course through guruischool. I know that this course will not be nearly enough for me to be a confident or competent unix programmer. However I was wondering what projects I can do at home that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder10
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Users associated with projects

I have 3 projects for 3 oracle instances and 10-15 users associated with different projects is there any way i can list the users associated with all the projects .. i know one method of id -p but for that i have to su to each user The system was handed over to me configured by external vendor... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Projects / Tasks / Zones

Hi there Created some zones on my m5000, both going to be used for oracle. Been reading up about how solaris 10 has made tuning of the /etc/system file redundant and the use of rctladm / projects have taken over. Been reading the manuals, but my head is about to explode. Thought I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

5. Solaris

projects in Solaris 10 w/ Trusted Extensions

Is there a Solaris 10 BUG (with Trusted Extensions) with binding to a project? This is Solaris 10 32bit Intel and Oracle EE 10gRel2. I am being told that a project (/etc/project) will not bind to the user because of a Solaris bug. According to my admin people Solaris told my company this when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
2 Replies

6. Solaris

/etc/system to projects

Hi guys, me again! :D I recently migrated a physical server to a zone, everything works perfectly except the /etc/system parameters. I was expecting that the migration process would consider the entries in the /etc/system file and create automatically the corresponding project. I know, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
2 Replies
reboot(3C)																reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)