Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find Command Include Sub Directory Post 302934886 by John William on Wednesday 11th of February 2015 05:43:30 PM
Old 02-11-2015
Jim, code is working fine, tell me how to include one sub directory from the said directory.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using find command only in current directory

I am trying to use the find command to find files in the current directory that meet a certain date criteria. find . -type -f -mtime +2 However, the above also checks the directories below. I tried -prune, but that seems to ignore this directory completely. I read about using -path w/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jliebling
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

include all files under a directory

I want to include all the subnet files under /etc/dhcpd/ to /etc/dhcpd.conf so here is my content of dhcpd.conf ... include "/etc/dhcpd/*"; however, the check-syntax reports syntax error, as they do not recognize the wildcard *, and display that " file /etc/dhcpd/* could not be found. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command, -name by directory and subdirectory?

Hi All, I'm trying to use the find command to return matches for a directory and file. For example, given the following directories: /one/two/three/file1.txt /one/three/two/file1.txt /one/four/two/three/file1.txt I'm expecting the following to be returned: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command to look for current directory only

i have this find command on my script as: for i in `find $vdir -name "$vfile" -mtime +$pday` the problem with this code is that the sub-directories are included on the search. how do i restrict the search to confine only on the current directory and ignore the sub-directories. please advise.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

making find/sed to include directory names with spaces

how can i make find/sed to include directory names with spaces the command is like this for i in `find wp-content/themes -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep -l -iE 'e'`;do sed -i -e 's/word1/word2/gI' "$i";done but it skips one directory names with spaces sed: can't read ./Nova: No such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command with ignore directory

Dear All, I am using find command find /my_rep/*/RKYPROOF/*/*/WDM/HOME_INT/PWD_DATA -name rk*myguidelines*.pdf -print The problem i am facing here is find /my_rep/*/ the directory after my_rep could be mice001, mice002 and mice001_PO, mice002_PO i want to ignore mice***_PO directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include file pattern in find command?

Hi I've to remove the files which has the following file pattern in path /home/etc/logs fnm_HST_date1 fnm_hst_date1 fnm_HST_date2 I've used the following code to to remove the files having file names like "HST" . #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x file_path=/home/etc/logs file_nm=HST find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out directory where command is located

so i have a script that i do not want copies of that script to be roaming around. i want that script to be in only one location on the filesystem, and whoever wants to use it should just link to it. any idea on how to exit from a script if it is detected that the running version is a copy and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Exclude Directory in find command

How can i tweak the below find command to exclude directory/s -> "/tmp/logs" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.jar*" \) -printNote: -path option/argument does not work with the version of find that i have. bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
DIR(3)									 1								    DIR(3)

dir - Return an instance of the Directory class

SYNOPSIS
Directory dir (string $directory, [resource $context]) DESCRIPTION
A pseudo-object oriented mechanism for reading a directory. The given $directory is opened. PARAMETERS
o $directory - Directory to open o $context - Note Context support was added with PHP 5.0.0. For a description of contexts, refer to "Streams". RETURN VALUES
Returns an instance of Directory, or NULL with wrong parameters, or FALSE in case of another error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 dir(3) example Please note the fashion in which Directory.read(3)'s return value is checked in the example below. We are explicitly testing whether the return value is identical to (equal to and of the same type as - see Comparison Operators for more information) FALSE since otherwise, any directory entry whose name evaluates to FALSE will stop the loop. <?php $d = dir("/etc/php5"); echo "Handle: " . $d->handle . " "; echo "Path: " . $d->path . " "; while (false !== ($entry = $d->read())) { echo $entry." "; } $d->close(); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Handle: Resource id #2 Path: /etc/php5 apache cgi cli NOTES
Note The order in which directory entries are returned by the read method is system-dependent. PHP Documentation Group DIR(3)