Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying the shell script to select pattern Post 302934815 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 11th of February 2015 05:01:41 AM
Old 02-11-2015
I had it explained that in monetary values, the pound sign (okay, that's £ not #) goes at the beginning and working with percentages, the % goes at the end.

Pardon me for being picky about the British pound £. The # is a hash.

Robin - British, in case you couldn't guess!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying a csv file from Shell Script

Hi all, I have some script that creates a temp csv file. What I need to do is do some search and replace and modify the file from my shell script. I know the commands to open the file and then apply the reg ex but wasnt sure how I could do this from a script and modify the file? Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a shell script without using an editor

Hi all, I really wan't to know that how to edit a shell script with out using an editor.. Is there any command? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use select into command in shell script?

I need to get total number of rows in a table by using select count(*) from table and need to assign into a variable in shell script. I used the following script, it does return the number of rows but also with oracle headers, Please help me to eliminate this headers. Shell Script #!/bin/sh... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select combination unique using shell script

Hi All, bash-3.00$ gzgrep -i '\ ExecuteThread:' /******/******/******/******/stdout.log.txt.gz <Jan 7, 2012 5:54:55 PM UTC> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337> < ExecuteThread: '414' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "696" seconds working on the request... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with shell script for modifying a user

#/bin/sh echo "enter the user name" read $username echo "Enter new home directory" read $newhd usermod -d $newhd $username ;; error while executing : enter the user name Rev Enter new home directory: /home/58745 usermod: option requires an argument -- 'd' Try `usermod --help' or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revanth547
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying contents of the file in shell script

Hello all, I have a Kconfig file that looks like something below ... ================================ menu "Application type" config GUI_TYPE_STANDARD bool "Standard Application" source "cfg/config/std.in" source... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output of a select query using shell script?

HI, I want to connect to database and fetch the count from a table. The sql query is as below : select count(*) from table_test where test_column='read'; How can I print the output of this statement using shell script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused_info
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying/Adding in the DNS server entry using shell script

Dear Experts. I need to add/modify the entries in the DNS server and this has to be achieved using shell script and below is the requirement, could you please let me know if a shell script can be written for this task? 1. Log in to primary DNS server 2. Check /etc/named.conf if zone is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VKIRUPHAKARAN
4 Replies

10. Linux

How to execute a simple select script using a shell script?

Hi team, I have two select statements and need to run them using SYSDBA user select * from temp_temp_seg_usage; select segment_name, tablespace_name, bytes/ (1024*1024) UsedMb from dba_segments where segment_name='TEMP_TEMP_SEG_USAGE'; Need to run this using a shell script say named... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamsy78
1 Replies
units(1)						      General Commands Manual							  units(1)

NAME
units - Converts units from one measure to another SYNOPSIS
units [-] [file] DESCRIPTION
The units command converts quantities expressed in one measurement to their equivalents in another. The units command is an interactive command. It prompts you for the unit you want to convert from and the unit you want to convert to. The units command does multiplicative scale changes only. That is, units can convert from one value to another only when the conversion is done with a multiplication factor. For example, units cannot convert between degrees Fahrenheit and degrees Celsius because the value of 32 must be added or subtracted in the conversion. You can specify a quantity as a multiplicative combination of units, optionally preceded by a numeric multiplier. Indicate powers by entering suffixed positive integers and indicate division with a / (slash). The units command recognizes lb as a unit of mass, but considers pound to be the British pound sterling. Compound names are run together (for example, lightyear). Prefix British units differing from their American counterparts with br (for example, brgallon). The /usr/share/lib/units file contains a complete list of the units that the units command uses. Most familiar units, abbreviations, and metric prefixes are recognized by the units command, together with the following: Ratio of circum- ference to diameter. Speed of light. Charge on an electron. Acceleration of gravity. Same as g. Avogadro's number. Pressure head per unit height of water. Astronomical unit. The - argument causes units to display a list of all known units and their conversion values. The file argument specifies an alternative units file to be used instead of the default file units. EXAMPLES
To start the units command, enter: units Now you can try the following examples. To display conversion factors, enter: you have: in you want: cm * 2.540000e+00 / 3.937008e-01 The output from the units command tells you to multiply the number of inches by 2.540000e+00 to get centimeters, and to multiply the number of centimeters by 3.937008e-01 to get inches. These numbers are in standard exponential notation, so 3.937008e-01 means 3.937008 x 10-1, which is the same as 0.3937008. The sec- ond number is always the reciprocal of the first; for example, 2.54 equals 1/0.3937008. To convert a measurement to different units, enter: you have: 5 years you want: microsec * 1.577846e+14 / 6.337753e-15 The output shows that 5 years equals 1.577846 x 1014 microseconds, and that 1 microsecond equals 6.337753 x 10-15 years. To give fractions in measurements, enter: you have: 1|3 mi you want: km * 5.364480e-01 / 1.864114e+00 The | (vertical bar) indicates division, so 1|3 means one-third. This shows that one-third mile is the same as 0.536448 kilometers. To include exponents in measurements, enter: you have: 1.2-5 gal you want: floz * 1.536000e-03 / 6.510417e+02 The expression 1.2-5 gal is the equivalent of 1.2 x 10-5. Do not type an e before the exponent. This example shows that 1.2 x 10-5 (0.000012) gallons equal 1.536 x 10-3 (0.001536) fluid ounces. To specify complex units, enter: you have: gram centimeter/second2 you want: kg-m/sec2 * 1.000000e-05 / 1.000000e+05 The units gram centimeter/second2 mean "grams x centimeters/second2." Similarly, kg-m/sec2 means "kilograms x meters/sec2," which is often read as "kilogram-meters per seconds squared". If the units you specify after you have and you want are incompatible, enter: you have: ft you want: lb conformability 3.048000e-01 m 4.535924e-01 kg The message conformability means the units you specified cannot be converted. Feet measure length, and pounds measure mass, so con- verting from one to the other does not make sense. Therefore, the units command displays the equivalent of each value in standard units. In other words, this example shows that 1 foot equals 0.3048 meters and that 1 pound equals 0.4535924 kilograms. The units command shows the equivalents in meters and kilograms because the command considers these units to be standard measures of length and mass. Entering <Ctrl-d> causes you to exit from the units program. FILES
Contains units and their conversion values. units(1)